Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

It's Earth if for no other reason than it would make for a better story. The expected ending would be that they find Utopia on Earth and that idea is boring. There are a lot of threads hanging out there and the best explanation I have read (here and other places) is Earth being the origin of the first human vs. machine war. We invented artificial intelligence, had a war with them, everything is destroyed and the last of us moved out into space. Eventually the cycle repeats itself and we come back to the beginning again. All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again. A big question is, if this theory is the correct one, what happened the original machines?

Actually I will be quite disappointed if they pull an "ooops, wrong turn" or "faked you out, haha" kind of stunt. The absolute worse explanation I have read is that they will pull some kind of Bobby Ewing and season 2 onwards was only a dream. Agh!!!!

If you looked closely at the pan across earth, you can see the Brooklyn bridge in the background. You have to slow it down to see it, but it sure looks like it.

Earth being the origin of the first human vs. machine war.

so, what will happen next. Will a bunch of squids suddenly appear and our hero's will be saved at the last minute by Neo, or will Summer Glau and Arnold Schwarzenagger show up and kick 7's ass?

;)

Oh no no. Its going to be John Conner that saves the rest of humanity. Forgot to add that part. Sowee!!!

Seriously tho, in the same area another interesting idea someone had was that there was such a war long ago and all the humans died. Their version of skinjobs left the dead/radioactive Earth and in time continued to evolve into fully organic creatures. Then 1000's of years later they in tern built the cylons. You can guess where the rest goes. To be fair I think this idea would make for a great book but its just a little too scifi'ish for the general television audience.

So good it was worth posting twice!

Well I didnt see it the first time. Guess enough people used the apes reference to bsg that someone actually had to make it. Its one of those things that sound good in theory but in practice is a dud. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts