BB@ Home disc By Mail Ending September 19th

I've yet to receive the email also.

Nevertheless, I was sorta expecting something like this. I was having difficulty getting almost anything from my disc queue and was rather frustrated at one point because almost 2 months went by with no discs being mailed. Suddenly, in July, discs started arriving again...I should've known it wouldn't last. I prefer blu-ray quality over streaming. Streaming is convenient, but the video quality just isn't there. As others have said, they could've thrown us a bone and put up FMC in HD...

Oh well, I'll have to look at NF discs by mail again...

A bunch of us got the email, just at different times. You'll get yours some time in the near future...

Check your spam folder ?

Or, they're sending it out to a limited number of people to see what kind of reaction they get... Based on most responses here, there's no outcry about it or people too upset/worked up about them doing it.

I haven't received any email either on this.

By the time I get some of my "most wanted" disc's, they've already released the movie to one of the movie channels so why even bother anymore?

Yeah! I ain't heard DIRT chime in on the subject either. Are you there DIRT? If you are looking for negative feedback, I will cancel BB@H , if they stop mailing the disc. I don't watch any of the 22 channels, but love my dvd in the mail. I have watched over 100 dvds in the last year. I can get 8 Redbox dvds for the $10 per month.

Last edited:
I don't watch any of the 22 channels, but love my dvd in the mail. I have watched over 100 dvds in the last year. I can get 8 Redbox dvds for the $10 per month.
Dish knows what channels get watched and they know how popular or active the disc-to-home service is. You can be sure that they've factored in high-usage (of the disc service) users like yourself and determined they can deal with a potential loss if you cancel. They also know that while many will huff and puff about losing something like this and threaten to cancel, most don't follow through....

I got the E-Mail and use the disc to mail service.

I wonder if the E-Mails just went out to users who use the disc to home service a lot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No email here either on service ending for disks. Not surprised as I suspect they are just doing this in waves to cut down on the number of calls to their centers. I did receive today though, an email from DISH warning me of fraudulent calls from people representing Dish and asking for credit card info or bank account info. Ah, the world of being a DISH customer. :D

No email here either on service ending for disks. Not surprised as I suspect they are just doing this in waves to cut down on the number of calls to their centers. I did receive today though, an email from DISH warning me of fraudulent calls from people representing Dish and asking for credit card info or bank account info. Ah, the world of being a DISH customer. :D

I got that one too. I also got one saying they received my returned disc. No email on the service ending and no email on we have sent the next disc in your queue. Usually the sent new disc email arrives before the we received email. This service will be sorely missed in our house and if I have to replace with NF or RB BB@H will have to go.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

I got that one too. I also got one saying they received my returned disc. No email on the service ending and no email on we have sent the next disc in your queue. Usually the sent new disc email arrives before the we received email. This service will be sorely missed in our house and if I have to replace with NF or RB BB@H will have to go.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Business as usual for me so far. No program ending email. Just sent back a disc a couple days ago and received a new one. Wasn't near the top of my queue though - Snitch.

Same for me. No email yet. They just shipped Snitch to me as well.

We have an unopened mailer on the kitchen counter from a week ago. We've resorted to getting "Little Einsteins" DVDs for our 4-year old! Just no interest from my wife and I for DVDs and the kids think of a movie that they want to watch *know*, meaning they'll look in on-demand or ask to go to the video store or Redbox.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Received an email from BB@H today that they're sending the next disc in my queue to me...

No email from Dish that the service is being discontinued (yes, I checked my junk email...not in there either)...

Is Dish and BB actually communicating with each other?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)