BBC America

It seems to have gotten even further LESS British since AMC took over, and now repeats of CSI Miami is gonna be aired? At least in the past, there seemed to be an attempt to "make a British connection" to the shows they aired such as Star Trek TNG because British actor Patrick Sterwart or something like the Starz Black or other black oriented TV nets sometimes have only a supporting black actor in the movie. It has always seemed a stretch. Now, it seems there is no attempt at all for any British connection to the shows BBC America airs.

There a TONS of old, not so old and very recent good and great UK TV series. It seems Hulu has grabbed several as "hulu exclusives" but there are more. It must be sufficiently expensive because BBC America is going the cheap route with stupid CSI Miami re-runs. No longer any point to having the BBC America moniker on that channel. Just rename it AMC2 or some other name that does no suggest UK programming since it hardly has any now.

Reactions: reddice and jegrant
It seems to have gotten even further LESS British since AMC took over, and now repeats of CSI Miami is gonna be aired? At least in the past, there seemed to be an attempt to "make a British connection" to the shows they aired such as Star Trek TNG because British actor Patrick Sterwart or something like the Starz Black or other black oriented TV nets sometimes have only a supporting black actor in the movie. It has always seemed a stretch. Now, it seems there is no attempt at all for any British connection to the shows BBC America airs.

There a TONS of old, not so old and very recent good and great UK TV series. It seems Hulu has grabbed several as "hulu exclusives" but there are more. It must be sufficiently expensive because BBC America is going the cheap route with stupid CSI Miami re-runs. No longer any point to having the BBC America moniker on that channel. Just rename it AMC2 or some other name that does no suggest UK programming since it hardly has any now.
All of which nobody watches

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Intruders was canceled after one season. Both Orphan Black and Broadchurch are done after they finish their next season,

No Doctor Who = No deal for me.

My local PBS station, WETA, has a subchannel called WETA-UK, that at least formerly broadcast Dr. Who. I see from their schedule that no episodes are coming up within the next two weeks. :(

Reactions: jegrant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)