Bbc Radio 1 To Launch This Wednesday

Sirius_Rich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2004
Houston
BBC RADIO 1 TO LAUNCH THIS WEDNESDAY EXCLUSIVELY ON SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO

NEW YORK – August 8, 2005 – SIRIUS Satellite Radio, the content leader in radio, will launch the acclaimed BBC music channel Radio 1 in America starting this Wednesday at 9 am ET during the channel’s popular Chris Moyles Breakfast Show.

SIRIUS’ broadcast of BBC Radio 1 will bring its subscribers their first opportunity to listen to the most influential and highly acclaimed music channel from the UK.

BBC Radio 1 will provide SIRIUS subscribers with a cutting-edge mix of pop, rock, R&B and hip-hop music. Radio 1 is also internationally recognized for its support of up-and-coming British artists, its unique in-studio performances and interviews, its extensive coverage of the international music scene, and its engaging and informative hosts and entertainment information.

“BBC Radio 1’s global popularity and its importance in the world of music can’t be underestimated,” said Scott Greenstein, SIRIUS President of Entertainment and Sports. “SIRIUS music channels and Radio 1 are both focused on the listener, and now SIRIUS subscribers will have the unique ability to enjoy this exceptional addition to our service.”

BBC Radio 1 will be heard 24 hours a day on SIRIUS channel 97. The channel will be time-shifted by 5 hours so Americans can enjoy the channel’s lineup as it was intended- Chris Moyles in the morning, Scott Mill’s show in the afternoon, and kicking off the weekend with Pete Tong’s Friday night Essential Selection.

To find out more about BBC Radio 1’s programming, visit www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 .

For more information about SIRIUS, visit www.sirius.com .
---------------------------------------------------------

For those that have not heard Radio One, it is GOOD radio and will be one of my presets on my Sirius radio. Enjoy.

smooth28la said:
PLEASE! Let this channel be on DISH so I can time shift my favorite shows with my PVR !

I am pretty sure it will be on DISH and online. I can't confirm that, but believe it. I guess we will find out tomorrow, hopefully. :music

Now XM needs to counter with Virgin Radio and Capitol FM or even Radio Caroline... sweet.... MORE britpop! Actually Radio Caroline is on Worldspace already so this shouldn't be a large leap.