BBC World news on FTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Found it and added it. Thank you! :D

Is there a way to add this nowhere man channel to an Amiko A3? That would be really awesome!

Or even better bring BBC 1,2,3 and some other extra beebs with a license fee on Directv. BTW, Directv just add fulltime BBC world news in HD, but no Subtitles or Closed Captioning so far, and would be nice to add Teletex "E-newpaper":hungry

Teletext died several years ago in the UK.

Since the launch of digital TV OTA and on Sky, there is a digital service with some information and VOD but it's not like the old Teletext service. The Internet has replaced so much of what Teletext brought. It's a bit sad but that's the price of progress.

Teletext died several years ago in the UK.

Since the launch of digital TV OTA and on Sky, there is a digital service with some information and VOD but it's not like the old Teletext service. The Internet has replaced so much of what Teletext brought. It's a bit sad but that's the price of progress.

Teletext was decommissioned in the US around the same time. I think it was around 2005.

Teletext was 160 bits per second, which is 20 characters per second. That's about 1/500 of the speed of a 56K modem, and about one millionth the speed of today's "fast" connections.

For BBC World News junkies, who are willing to pay for a sub, to get it via satellite, Bell and Shaw D from Canada and Sky Mexico offer the channel 24/7.

>I can't find any BBC content on western FTA KU satellites.

its availale on feeds from AMC21@125w PBS HD5 12155H6250
around 3 and 6 pm PDT
or you can watch live streaming for free from internet
here:
http://www.giniko.com/watch-all-channels.php

Thanks! They have an android app you can install so I'm gonna try it on my A3. :D

- Oh wait. To use the app you have to create an account and pay $10 a month.
A bit of research is needed here. Don't want to be giving financial info to potential shady companies.
Gonna stick to the free web interface version for now.

Thanks! They have an android app you can install so I'm gonna try it on my A3. :D

- Oh wait. To use the app you have to create an account and pay $10 a month.
A bit of research is needed here. Don't want to be giving financial info to potential shady companies.
Gonna stick to the free web interface version for now.
Get a roku..Google private roku channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)