BBC WORLD News

Never say never. I will say highly unlikely though. Over the last 18 years I've had Dish Network I have heard rumors here and there. It even supposedly showed up on one of the satellites at one time, though never confirmed. But nothing ever became of any of the rumors or assertions that it was "coming soon."

Because of the way DISH does international programming if it was on satellite very likely it would be on 118 part of an international package, perhaps the International World Pack where EuroNews is.(An excellent package) If you really want a channel like BBC world news many will say what DISH already has, EuroNews is better. It is the most watched news channel in Europe.

Next time the contract with AMC Networks is up. AMC took over distribution of BBC America and BBC World Service in the U.S. from Discovery Networks, as a matter of fact, I think AMC bought 50% of BBC America. That's why DirecTV added it, they renewed their agreement with AMC recently.

Because of the way DISH does international programming if it was on satellite very likely it would be on 118 part of an international package, perhaps the International World Pack where EuroNews is.(An excellent package) If you really want a channel like BBC world news many will say what DISH already has, EuroNews is better. It is the most watched news channel in Europe.
Its an American channel distributed by discovery

BBC World News is NOT an American channel in any way. It is produced and presented from the UK, and in fact is not officially available in the UK but otherwise available worldwide. It is owned and distributed by BBC Global News Ltd., part of the BBC's commercial group of companies and apparently AMC. I have no info that Discovery is involved, it looks like AMC is. It is an international news channel as EuroNews is.

BBC World News is NOT an American channel in any way. It is produced and presented from the UK, and in fact is not officially available in the UK but otherwise available worldwide. It is owned and distributed by BBC Global News Ltd., part of the BBC's commercial group of companies and apparently AMC. I have no info that Discovery is involved, it looks like AMC is. It is an international news channel as EuroNews is.
Treated like one by the cable companies..it has absoloutly no business being in a international package

Treated like one by the cable companies..it has absoloutly no business being in a international package

Ebru and MHz Worldview have no business being in an international package either, but that's where Dish put them.

What make me even madder is that Dish put the "international" channels on 118 only. Why not mirror them on 77 so that Eastern Arc customers can subscribe too without adding a dish?

Reactions: TheKrell
Ebru and MHz Worldview have no business being in an international package either, but that's where Dish put them.

What make me even madder is that Dish put the "international" channels on 118 only. Why not mirror them on 77 so that Eastern Arc customers can subscribe too without adding a dish?
WA customers would have to add an LNB as well.... 118.7 does not come standard with WA....:crying

At least they're pointing in the right direction... and I don't think 77 comes standard with EA anymore either. (I couldn't even tell you what's on 77 right now, although I have one of the original 61/72/77 LNBs.)

I see BBC America is stopping their BBC World News Morning broadcast next week. We're left with the PBS BBC World News America as the closest some of us can get.

Reactions: whatchel1
I see BBC America is stopping their BBC World News Morning broadcast next week. We're left with the PBS BBC World News America as the closest some of us can get.
Actually all the BBC News on US public TV stations is NOT from PBS, but provided by from 3rd party KCET, Los Angeles (no longer a PBS station). There is a TON of programming on PBS member stations that are NOT from PBS National Programming Service, such as Doc Martin, and far too many to name (OK, Keeping Up Appearances, etc.) that come from a variety of 3rd party providers, including America Public TV.

In fact, at first, the opening words of BBC World News stated, ". . . .and on and PBS stations in [Amercia/US] . . . " That was not TRUE. The line was soon changed to ". . . and public television stations in [America/USA] . . ." BBC World News and BBC World News America on public TV stations is NOT part of the PBS programming package.

Next time the contract with AMC Networks is up. AMC took over distribution of BBC America and BBC World Service in the U.S. from Discovery Networks, as a matter of fact, I think AMC bought 50% of BBC America. That's why DirecTV added it, they renewed their agreement with AMC recently.

I am extremely concerned that the AMC deal will poison the British content. I watch BBC America because it's as close as I can get to being able to watch British content. Unfortunately it's been poisoned by the incessant reruns of Star Trek TNG. And it's not even the remastered versions, it's the horrible VHS quality crap and they only run from a pool of a few dozen episodes and not the entire series. The US commercials are extremely annoying. I truly and deeply hate commercials.

And it horrifies me to even consider the train wreck that would be if AMC were to begin meddling with the production of Doctor Who. NO! JUST DON'T !!

As for "Discovery", they should be banned and outlawed and broken up because everything they produce is CRAP.

I would gladly pay the BBC their yearly license fee to be able to watch any and all of the BBC channels as if I were sitting in London watching. I love the stuff they produce and I love that it's commercial free. To me it's completely worth the license fee, £145.50 which is about $216 a year in dollars. I see people complaining about the fee over there. They should come over here and suffer through the tripe that we are stuck with. They would change their tune real quick.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts