BBC WORLD News

Is it possible they picked up the streaming rights only, and not television. I don't remember hearing anything about Dish signing a deal to start offering this channel, so it may just be a great offer they picked up to offer streaming.
Just like YES

Reactions: bluegras
If they have streaming rights why isn't BBC World News on Sling? Or BBC America for that matter? A press release came out a *long* time ago for AMC Networks and Sling that mentioned BBCA. The only thing I can think of, is that the BBC is holding back some of these rights so they can launch their own streaming service, but I wish they'd hurry up and do it. They already sold (what I assume are) exclusive rights to Dr. Who to Amazon. It just doesn't make much sense to me. I'm fairly certain that (if it included the British content fans want) a BBC streaming service would be a big hit.

Probably there is a memo somewhere to put BBC World News on the Dish Satellite, but it is on the bottom of the pile and they haven't gotten around to it.

It makes zero sense to carry it on the Desktop Dish Anywhere but nowhere else. It is also a pita to watch there.

Probably there is a memo somewhere to put BBC World News on the Dish Satellite, but it is on the bottom of the pile and they haven't gotten around to it.

It makes zero sense to carry it on the Desktop Dish Anywhere but nowhere else. It is also a pita to watch there.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Have to think streaming rights is significantly cheaper than broadcast rights.

Dish can save even more money by cancelling the streaming altogether. Is there anyone who is subscribing to Dish Network because they can only get BBC World News on the desktop application? 95 percent of customers don't even know it is there and Dish doesn't publicize it anyway.
Something is fishy in Denmark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)