BBC WORLD News

Are you suggesting that the Brits aren't interested in Sci-fi?
I don't understand your logic. I'm suggesting that much of the best stuff doesn't go on BBCA because those in charge feel an American audience wouldn't be interested. That's why it's overrun with Top Gear, Gordon Ramsey, and non-BBC content like a ton of movies, and the ever-present ST:TNG.

With all of the high quality programming made by the BBC, there shouldn't be a single movie or non-BBC-produced series on BBCA.

Last edited:
Reactions: salyavin
TNG is about all I watch on BBCA. My daughter watches Dr. Who when new episodes air.

I don't understand your logic. I'm suggesting that much of the best stuff doesn't go on BBCA because those in charge feel an American audience wouldn't be interested. That's why it's overrun with Top Gear, Gordon Ramsey, and non-BBC content like a ton of movies, and the ever-present ST:TNG.

With all of the high quality programming made by the BBC, there shouldn't be a single movie or non-BBC-produced series on BBCA.
You really need to tune in more. Currently they have Ripper Street, the new Tatau, It also had The Hour, before it was cancelled. A great show. No, it's not a mirror of BBC, but I'll take what I can get.

BBC Worldwide and Discovery were partners in Animal Planet of which Discovery bought out BBC's part and Discovery had the US rights to several BBC science shows in which Discovery is a financial partner. Discovery bought out BBC Worldwide's partial ownership in International versions of Animal Planet also.

BBC Worldwide is still the majority owner of BBC America with 50.1% while AMC has a 49.9% stake which allows greater negotiating leverage being part of the AMC Networks instead of a stand alone service (aka they may be able to force themselves into a lower package bundle on some providers now)

Reactions: TheKrell
You really need to tune in more. Currently they have Ripper Street, the new Tatau, It also had The Hour, before it was cancelled. A great show. No, it's not a mirror of BBC, but I'll take what I can get.
I don't have it with my package. But, if they add it to AT120, I'll take a look again.

But, I took a glance through their schedule on TitanTV, and it looked like the same old ship of Top Gear and ST:TNG marathons, and movies. There is so much good stuff on the multiple BBC channels in the UK, it's amazing that they can't fill the one BBCA channel with a great variety of high quality programming, with no movies or non-BBC content, and a minimum of marathons.

I don't have it with my package. But, if they add it to AT120, I'll take a look again.

But, I took a glance through their schedule on TitanTV, and it looked like the same old ship of Top Gear and ST:TNG marathons, and movies. There is so much good stuff on the multiple BBC channels in the UK, it's amazing that they can't fill the one BBCA channel with a great variety of high quality programming, with no movies or non-BBC content, and a minimum of marathons.
Forgot to mention earlier Broadchurch, the show Fox tried to emulate with Gracepoint (with David Tennant)...which will finished it second season this week. You seem to only be looking at the daytime schedule, which I agree with you on...but look at night.

Forgot to mention earlier Broadchurch, the show Fox tried to emulate with Gracepoint (with David Tennant)...which will finished it second season this week. You seem to only be looking at the daytime schedule, which I agree with you on...but look at night.
I watched Broadchurch S1, on Netflix or Amazon. Quite good. Didn't like Gracepoint's first ep, so didn't continue.

Looking forward to S2, which I assume will be available for streaming soon.
I'm also looking forward to Doc Martin S6, which is finally on A-Prime.

I watched Broadchurch S1, on Netflix or Amazon. Quite good. Didn't like Gracepoint's first ep, so didn't continue.

Looking forward to S2, which I assume will be available for streaming soon.
I'm also looking forward to Doc Martin S6, which is finally on A-Prime.
S2 Broadchurch will probably take six months or more to get to Netflix. Season one did not hit until December 2014,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts