BBC World on a 1.2 m dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BubahJim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
Bluefield, VA
Hi Guys!

Got a question or two. Has anyone with a 1.2 cm dish been able to recieve BBC World at 3800 v 27.690 on Galaxy 13 @ 127. W? Has anyone had any luck recieving PAS 9 at 58 W on a 120 cm dish? When is Sadoun coming out with a KU/C band LNB? There is one out for another brand.Thanks for the help and thats all for now. One comment. I love the 120 cm dish but for me it is much hard to to get on the Clark Belt than the smaller dishes.

73's

CUL

BubahJim

BubahJim said:
I love the 120 cm dish but for me it is much hard to to get on the Clark Belt than the smaller dishes.

120cm has much narrower beam width on Ku than smaller dishes. It will give you stronger signal, but it will be harder to fine tune it.

I haven't tried BBC World in a long time, but I remember being able to get it.

If I recall I had BBC something from the 120cm C band setup blazing through, i'm not 100% sure if it was from that bird as it was a long time ago and my dish hasn't been up in a long time.

If Pete keeps his private message logs I remember PMing him about it but it was ages ago.

Cascade said:
If I recall I had BBC something from the 120cm C band setup blazing through, i'm not 100% sure if it was from that bird as it was a long time ago and my dish hasn't been up in a long time.

If Pete keeps his private message logs I remember PMing him about it but it was ages ago.

Sorry Cascade I dump my PM's every so often. :(

Cascade, just checked the archives and YES, that is the bird you were pointing at with your mini bud. You did not give actual signal strength, but said it was strong at your location.

Bubajim, give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

can't believe none of the other jokers jumped on the original title.

1.2 centimeters is a mighty small dish, doubt you'll get much signal.

yeah i know you meant 1.2 meters so i'll shut up now.

Thanks PSB, Cascade, drhydro, vj9999 & Pepper for the reply and the info help I will try again and I will let you know on my results.

CUL

BubahJim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)