BBC World Petition to E*

I wanted to make some senseless dimissive comment like "We already have BBC America", but honestly, this would make a better addition to Dish than most anything they have added in the past few years.

Well except the HD channels that is. But hey, BBC-HD does exist in the UK. So give it time.

I just returned from 3 weeks in Russia. This and Deutsche Welle News were the only English I was able to get on the limited televsion I saw. I would love to see both of these on DISH.

They definitely give a different perspective, not only on world news, but also news from the US.
There was a great (yet disturbing) segment about Iraq on DW, that was shot with the troops on the street and shows what it is really like to be there, casualties and all. We'll never see that on a US news channel.

Last edited:
Put "BBC World" into Search on your remote control, and you will find it broadcast several times a day on BBC America (channel 135) and also on a number of PBS channels (if you receive any).

I listen to BBC World on radio all the time. BBC World has come of the best interviews and news specials on television, but it is a news station and does not have entertainment series. It also has news broadcasts several times a day. I would love BBC Food or BBC Prime, but they are not available in the US.

This and Deutsche Welle News were the only English I was able to get on the limited televsion I saw. I would love to see both of these on DISH..

DISH should have an international news package including CNN-International, BBC World, Deutsche Welle, the French News Channel in English, and CBC.

Journalistically, that would blow away the mediocre "news" channels currently available on DISH.

The shortwave BBC World Service has been my main news source since I was in high school (many, many, many moons ago). I'd even upgrade my service if Dish offers the option to view their TV signal.

DISH should have an international news package including CNN-International, BBC World, Deutsche Welle, the French News Channel in English, and CBC.

Journalistically, that would blow away the mediocre "news" channels currently available on DISH.

Only if hating the US is your primary criterion.

I don't think that you have to hate the US to know that our news outlets are infotainment and no longer journalism. It doesn't even depend on which end of the political spectrum you are on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts