BBCAHD.....

Are you referring to HD-Net or BBC-America ?
I would assume that BBC America wants to stay within ratings parameters.

PS I concur with the advice to record SD backups and then record it in HD on your DVR on Saturday (assuming that it gets turned on before then, remember that so far, there are only rumors - or should I say rumours).

John planted a few pretty heavy kisses on guys on the BBC version from the last series which they have been running for the last couple months on Saturday nights. I mean the character is bi, so why not, goes with the character.

I am a loyal dish customer. they have problems, but they are still the best in the market. I don't have my hopes high for an activation of the HD bbca feed this week. it will probably happen monday after the sci fi that is supposed to introduce the hd is over.

I am a loyal dish customer. they have problems, but they are still the best in the market. I don't have my hopes high for an activation of the HD bbca feed this week. it will probably happen monday after the sci fi that is supposed to introduce the hd is over.

The Channel DID NOT LAUNCH. No one is getting it. There was no HD Torchwood to be seen. No one really knows why yet.

Because this is America and "we" don't want to see that crap...... *s/ :yikes

Speak for yourself. I hate it when shows get chopped up because of american censorship.
Of all the first world nations, we are the only one that censors media like the arab nations.

Not quite.
Pixar's Cars was actually censored in the Canadian release.
The bumper sticker "Nice Butte, MT" was changed to "Butte, MT".

Well..i can understand why that was censored....its clearly offensive...:D

and as far Touchwood goes....its an and ADULT show...with swearing and partial nudity and yes Capt Jack is bi....but so was Capt Kirk...;)

The Channel DID NOT LAUNCH.

Hmmm...define launch. They claim it's available...there's supposedly an HD signal coming out of Master Control and being sent into space.

Meanwhile, DISH is providing Logo "HD" and BET-J "HD", even though Viacom does not claim to provide any such channel. (I haven't seen any evidence as to whether the upconversion is being done on DISH's end or on Viacom's end).

Which channel really launched?

No separately programmed HD channel. What if anything is on is a simulcast of the SD channel.

From what I read from the BBC announcement, I'd agree with M Sparks. They've got the HD channel going, just no distributor is providing it to anybody here. That's a little different than something like Logo or BET J, where there is no attempt to send out an HD signal.

From what I read from the BBC announcement, I'd agree with M Sparks. They've got the HD channel going, just no distributor is providing it to anybody here. That's a little different than something like Logo or BET J, where there is no attempt to send out an HD signal.

Read the announcement again. It states that it's HD channel is SD simulcast. HD was announced to be a separately programmed channel.
So to illustrate, no one MISSED Torchwood last night since it was never broadcast. That is what I mean by saying HD Channel Never Launched.
http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/373/hd.jsp

Last edited:
Read the announcement again. It states that it's HD channel is SD simulcast. HD was announced to be a separately programmed channel.
So to illustrate, no one MISSED Torchwood last night since it was never broadcast.
BBC AMERICA HD - BBC America

I wonder if by "simulcast" they mean that it will run the same programs as the SD channel, not the same video stream. As opposed to the channels that used to run different programs on the HD channel, what were they, Food and something else I think? Because I do NOT remember ever reading that BBC America HD would be a distinct channel!

The only flaw in my argument is that I believe I read at some point that Primeval, whose season finale they advertise on their HD website, wasn't shot in HD. But, widescreen PAL can certainly do a good imitation of HD, particularly Dish's downrezzed and bitstarved HD!

I just pre-ordered Torchwood CoE from Amazon. Screw BBCA, I'd rather watch it uncut and in HD on my own terms without 100 commercials! I was going to purchase it anyway after initially watching it on BBCA, but after the horrible SD picture on my plasma last night, I'll just watch it when it arrives next week! :rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts