BBCAHD.....

I wonder if by "simulcast" they mean that it will run the same programs as the SD channel, not the same video stream. As opposed to the channels that used to run different programs on the HD channel, what were they, Food and something else I think? Because I do NOT remember ever reading that BBC America HD would be a distinct channel!

If you had looked at the SD channel guide yesterday, there was no Torchwood. That was to be exclusive to the HD channel.

NO ONE (No Cable or Satellite Customer) saw BBC America HD yesterday...

BBC America Says HD Launches Will Be Announced Soon - 2009-07-21 16:19:09 EDT | Multichannel News

Latest word I am hearing is we could see it tomorrow (and another insider tells me August 1st)

Keep your fingers crossed. :)
Just wondering... how many times has a channel launched on a Saturday on dish? I can't remember a one in 12 years. Aug 1 for a launch date sounds highly dubious.

See ya
Tony

If you had looked at the SD channel guide yesterday, there was no Torchwood. That was to be exclusive to the HD channel.

I don't know what channel guide you're looking at, because it was on mine yesterday and again today. Now, it does NOT trigger my old timers for "Torchwood", because it's listed as "Torchwood: Children of Earth", and I don't use Dish Pass, just straight timers, but it is most assuredly on my 622's guide.

Just wondering... how many times has a channel launched on a Saturday on dish? I can't remember a one in 12 years. Aug 1 for a launch date sounds highly dubious.

See ya
Tony
Why they announced yesterday the big hd turn on for puerto Rico would be turned on august 1st.

So it's possible.

Wonder what the hell my DVR recorded last night and is set to record tonite, tomorrow night, and the night after, and the night after that?! Hmm...because the title says Torchwood, Children of Earth on mine :rolleyes:

I seem to remember a couple of launch dates that ended up on a Saturday or Sunday, and Dish turned them on early Friday evening....

I wonder if by "simulcast" they mean that it will run the same programs as the SD channel, not the same video stream.

Yes. That's also what everyone else means when they say it.

Discovery HD Theater :: HD Simulcast Channels

TV One Online | Press Releases

Fox News Channel HD Launching On Thursday | DIRECT TV Satellite TV

Why aren't MTV HD's music videos in high definition?

The Digital TV Weblog: History Channel in HD

HD's Reality Check - 2009-03-14 06:00:00 | Broadcasting & Cable

Disney to Launch HD Channel - 2007-08-19 08:27:00 | Multichannel News

As opposed to the channels that used to run different programs on the HD channel, what were they, Food and something else I think? Because I do NOT remember ever reading that BBC America HD would be a distinct channel!

People should probably stop using the term. Food and HDTV were the last ones to abandon the non-simulcast format.

Please stop trying to speak with authority on things you clearly don't understand. Not to mention things that can be proven wrong by anyone with a TV and eyes.

I seem to remember a couple of launch dates that ended up on a Saturday or Sunday, and Dish turned them on early Friday evening....

Yep. TBS hd was launched on a Friday as was Cinemax hd. There probably others as well.

Channels have been launched on dish on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays (mostly), Thursdays (official dates mostly) and Fridays. Dish has never launched channels on a Saturday (see the EKB's chart changes log going back to 2000).

This August 1st would be the first time if they indeed do launch these channels on that date.

See ya
Tony

Channels have been launched on dish on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays (mostly), Thursdays (official dates mostly) and Fridays. Dish has never launched channels on a Saturday (see the EKB's chart changes log going back to 2000).

This August 1st would be the first time if they indeed do launch these channels on that date.

See ya
Tony

But what I was saying was that when the launch date falls on a weekend, they just throw the switch on their way out on Friday.

The implication is that the contracts only consider Business Days relevant...

Well, BBCA put itself in a really bad position: They promoted the heck out of the coming HD service, but had no signed deals for it to be carried, and now it has launched (uplinked and available for distribution) with no signed deals for it be carried on sat, cable, FiOS, Uverse, and now BBCA is getting beat up by viewers posting on other boards who now feel lied to by BBCA. Yes, all the providers, Dish, TWC, et al. are all now in the cat bird's seat, certainly demanding much lower cost for rights to the channel than otherwise would have been possible. Rest assured that Charlie and his CEO counterpart at Comcast (whose name escapes me at the moment but who is known for his equally--or even WORSE--hardball negotiating tactics) will wait for as long as it takes to get what they think is the lowest cost for carriage rights. I hope we don't have a long wait for those of us as Dish customers, but don't hold your breath.

It was mentioned BBCA would showing Torchwood back to back on Sat. My on screen schedule shows it starting at 10:45am on Sunday morning.

Whether it will be in HD by then is anybody's guess or if the broadcast time will change again.

As is always the disclaimer when it comes to 'broadcasting'...'Subject to Change'.

This is a screen shot for dishnetwork.

bbca.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)