BBCAHD.....

Hope it gets turned on in time. I love scifi shows.

I have not seen the series before. Will I understand what is going on if I start watching Torchwood today?

New channels are normally turned on in the afternoon. :)

It could come on today.. it could come on Wednesday, I don't know for sure.

There is a special retailer chat today at Noon which is focusing on Puerto Rico, but maybe they will give us some insight. :)

I have not seen the series before. Will I understand what is going on if I start watching Torchwood today?

Probably as well as those who have been watching for a long time. An interesting show, with lots of twists and turns. There is a miniseries starting today. As with any miniseries, if you were to start watching in the middle of the series you might be somewhat confused.

New channels are normally turned on in the afternoon. :)

It could come on today.. it could come on Wednesday, I don't know for sure.

There is a special retailer chat today at Noon which is focusing on Puerto Rico, but maybe they will give us some insight. :)

Hopefully it's turned on today, since the new season of Torchwood starts today, and the ads are making a big deal about how it's in HD. Waiting until wed would be really stupid.

Of course, either way I won't be surprised...

Not surprised its not up yet.

However, I hate BBCA (no matter what format) - they chop up their programs for another shamwow commercial and their programming sucks.

Too bad HDNet didnt get this season of Torchwood. It was wonderful when it was on there - no cuts and commercial free.

However this mini-series is coming Blu-Ray (along with Dr. Who) next week, so I will wait for that and watch it that way.

Shame this is it for Torchwood. It was a great show - guess those dreaded budget cuts got in the way.

However this mini-series is coming Blu-Ray (along with Dr. Who) next week, so I will wait for that and watch it that way.
Yeah, and at $25 for the whole Children of Earth miniseries, it's not a bad deal
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Torchwood-Children-Blu-ray-Peter-Capaldi/dp/B002BVYBK6"]Amazon.com: Torchwood: Children of Earth [Blu-ray]: John Barrowman, Eve Myles, Gareth David-Lloyd, Peter Capaldi, Paul Copley, Liz May Brice, Euros Lynn: Movies & TV@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51e-LrZLJHL.@@AMEPARAM@@51e-LrZLJHL[/ame]

Dish... Please, if you add BBCA today, think of us little people on the Absolute plan.. After all the A in BBCA stands for Absolute!! (doesn't it?!) C'mon, you added channels this year to a plan rumored to have ended upgrades in 2008! So please, please, add it!

This whole thing has been rather poor planning on BBCA's part.

If it doesn't launch today on every major service, they'll have a ton of people saying to hell with the channel.

As for the future of Torchwood, it's possible we'll hear something Sunday at San Diego Comic-Con.

I hate starting shows in the middle. If the series has been good then maybe I should just rent it from the beginning.

The overall plot of this mini series will be understandable as long as you watch the five episodes in order starting with the first one.

You will not know who the individual characters are, and their previous interactions and "history", same as with other shows like "House", "24" or "Lost".

Note: This Torchwood mini-series is NOT suitable for children. This goes beyond anything that is caught by the usual V-chip and rating system. It also goes beyond the fact that the mini-series is dark, pessimistic and depressing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts