BD outsells HD-DVD on Paramount

I know.
My (rhetorical) question was regarding dyckydan's statement
"(and just to be equal there are some HD's available on BR overseas)",
i.e. BD releases of HD movies (in the US) will have region coded as any non-catalog title...

Diogen.

BD isn't completely region coded yet either. I have ordered a few discs from the UK and Japan and all play fine. There is a bigger push for region coding on the BD discs (the reason why New Line is hesitant on releasing films in HD DVD right now)

BD isn't completely region coded yet either. I have ordered a few discs from the UK and Japan and all play fine. There is a bigger push for region coding on the BD discs (the reason why New Line is hesitant on releasing films in HD DVD right now)

Japan and the US are in the same region. Europe on the other hand is a separate region. Yes, some are region free. Know what you're getting into though.

S~

BD uses different region-coding than SD? (Japan is R2 with SD DVD.)

Region A: North & South America plus "developed" Asia

Region B: Europe, Africa, Middle East and Oz & Kiwiland

Region C: The "Undesirables" - those pirating $%#@! Sob's in China, Russia & India

BDRegionCoding.jpg

Good to know, if I ever buy BD HW.

At least the US and Japan are in the same region. It's a PITA with SD DVD.

They should consider coding all future SD discs to match the BD map. It should be easy enough to do by using multiple SD region codes per disc.

Region A: North & South America plus "developed" Asia

Region B: Europe, Africa, Middle East and Oz & Kiwiland

Region C: The "Undesirables" - those pirating $%#@! Sob's in China, Russia & India

BDRegionCoding.jpg

Vietman, Laos, and Cambodia are all "developed"? LMAO