BD Player

chicagofilms

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
I've been waiting on a BD player that internally decodes all the new codecs and has 7.1 analog outs. I don't want to upgrade my receiver yet.

I was waiting on the dual format Samsung, it seems to do it all. Does anyone know of a cheaper BD only player coming out?

Info is limited on anything new right now, especially with Final Specs looming. There is rumor of a new Panasonic BD30, but info is scarce on its capabilities. There is supposed to be an announcement by Panasonic on the 30th. Might be your best hope right now. I know I am anxiously awaiting news on it. I love the BD10. IMO it has been the most rock solid player in either format.

S~

I've been waiting on a BD player that internally decodes all the new codecs and has 7.1 analog outs. I don't want to upgrade my receiver yet.

I was waiting on the dual format Samsung, it seems to do it all. Does anyone know of a cheaper BD only player coming out?

Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray Players

This might not answer your question but I find it interesting non the less.
I am surprised this link has not been talked about yet. If it has, my apologies. I find it interesting that there are pictures of players from Funai and Daewoo to be released Q1 2008. Could these be the inexpensive players to combat the second gen Toshiba's?

I find it interesting that there are pictures of players from Funai and Daewoo to be released Q1 2008.
The Funai player is labeled as trial-product (experimental).
Funai's future Blu-ray player? - Engadget HD
(Versuch in German means trial, attempt)

Both Daewoo have completely identical labels and read:

55mm Slim Design/Touch Operation Panel
Playback: Blu-Ray/DVD/CD/DivX/MP3/JPEG
Video:H.264/VC-1/MPEG2 HD
Audio: Dolby Digital / DTS pass through /
LPCM / Dolby Digital Plus / DTS HD (Option)

They reportedly are BD-Live compliant
Daewoo demos 'Blu-ray Disc 2.0' player | Reg Hardware

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)