BD standalone prices at new low!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Your spot on Joe:D
Great deal this weekend for the Samsung BD-P1400 for $299.77 with free 3 day Fed Ex shipping at onecall.com.
They are a standup business and authorized dealer, I've purchased many items from them in the past with excellent results.
And no, I do not work for nor am I affiliated in any way. Just trying to point out some great deals.Weekend Sale December 8-9, 2007 - OneCall.com

Uh Vurbano, why do you consistantly refuse to read ALL THE POSTS? Maybe you like to make believe too much? Let's see, is $299.77 from onccall.com under $300 --- WHY YES IT IS!!

Samsung BD-P1400 - In Stock at OneCall.com

Just for you Vurbano -- because you need FACTS!!! If you are not going to read and research stay out of the BluRay Forum and stay in the WarZone where your lunacy and inaccuracies are expected!!

There are 3 profiles because the BDA wanted to get machines on the market while waiting for chipsets to be developed/come down in price that could handle dual audio/video streams. HD DVD had this capability from the start. But the Blu-ray versions must support higher bit rates. Might be other capabilities also. Profile 2 is to have an "upgrade" version of the Blu-ray players for those wanting a "fancier" machine with internet capabilities. A lot of Blu-ray player buyers do not have broadband connections or home networks and may not be interested in paying for the internet connectivity. All HD DVD players must have internet connectivity.

What information are you basing the fact that "a lot of blue-ray player buyers do not have broadband connections" on? That seems like a "I just pulled this one out of my arse" statement...?

I picked up a Samsung bd-p1000 open box for $99, I figured at that price I didn't have much to lose, I picked up a new a3 hd-dvd player for $199 a few weeks ago. Its nice to be able to play whatever. I think the resolution to "the war" will be a reasonably priced dual format player. I saw a dual format pc drive on sale at fry's for $249 the other day.

I picked up a Samsung bd-p1000 open box for $99, I figured at that price I didn't have much to lose, I picked up a new a3 hd-dvd player for $199 a few weeks ago. Its nice to be able to play whatever. I think the resolution to "the war" will be a reasonably priced dual format player. I saw a dual format pc drive on sale at fry's for $249 the other day.

That's a great price. I wish they would put a Frye's in Raleigh.

Let's see, the Samsung BD1400 has been reduced to $449 at Costco. And with the new firmware update it should be ready to go with most of the bugs fixed now. Over at HHGreggs they have Sony's BD300 at $349!! This is a WOW price for a nice BD standalone. And it get a real nice picture. Last time I check both of these players had ethernet abilities. Can not answer if they can be 1.1 with a firmware update. I read somewhere that the Samsung should be able to be updated but I am not sure about the Sony.

If this is happening before XMAS -- I can see sub $300 BD players before XMAS!! I guess Toshiba and their HD-DVD players will not have the considerably lower price point to push their standalones. Man, I wonder if when BD standalones get under $300 bucks if their sales really take off?

This might not be the the proper thread to post this, I didn't want to start a new one, re: hardware, but at least it's in the Blu-ray forum for those who enjoy the format.
Panasonic to bundle Blu-ray players with plasmas at $500 discount Panasonic to bundle Blu-ray players with plasmas at $500 discount -- 2 new players in January - Engadget
This might be appealing for those who have been waiting on buying a new flat panel:)

Uh Vurbano, why do you consistantly refuse to read ALL THE POSTS? Maybe you like to make believe too much? Let's see, is $299.77 from onccall.com under $300 --- WHY YES IT IS!!

Samsung BD-P1400 - In Stock at OneCall.com

Just for you Vurbano -- because you need FACTS!!! If you are not going to read and research stay out of the BluRay Forum and stay in the WarZone where your lunacy and inaccuracies are expected!!
Apparently you cannot read nor do math. I never said your prophecy wouldnt come true but that is still 100 dollar diff. :rolleyes:

last time I checked, I could buy an HD DVD player for under 200 bucks. PreferredPhoto.com - Toshiba*HD-A2, High Definition HD DVD Player That is still a $150 dollar real price difference. Not based on you wishing for a price drop from $350 to under $300. Even at that its still 100 bucks difference. And it meets all HD DVD standards for that price. So Joe, all Sony has to do is continue to subsidize giving half the movies aways for free, losing 3/4 to 1 billion a quarter on the PS3 and subsidize a price cut to 150 bucks per player for that 300 dollar model and they will have a winner. Oh and make sure its profile 2.0.:rolleyes:

The old misdirection. Here we are talking about BD players being sold for under $300 and here you are talking about WHAT? HD-DVD players? Are you sure you are in the right forum? If you can't stay on topic -- GET OUT!

Last edited:
Sometimes I get indicted -- sometimes vindicated!:)

To top it off for those with a CC nearby, they have an online coupon for 10% off the purchase if you choose the in-store pickup option. Coupon code is right on the website

Just bought a Sony BD-300 for $299 at Target. Wife works there so got 10% off of that, plus in-laws gave to a $250 Visa gift card! :D
Got the player for $270, cost me $30 out of pocket when you add in tax!
I actually had decided on gettin the HD-DVD player first based soley on pricing. I haven't been reading anything much on either format and had decided to just buy both. When I saw the Sony for $299 today I jumped on it. Will be getting the HD-DVD in the next few months.
Bought Hary Potter and Simpsons at the store. Both blew me away.
I just dropped the 5 free movie offer in the mail today.

Why not try the BD player for a month or two before buying the HD DVD player? Not to get this moved to the War Zone- it might help you decide which features (audio & outputs, etc) you want in an HD DVD player. A lot can happen in a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)