BD standalone prices at new low!!

Which one would you buy the Sony BD-S300 Or Samsung's BD1400 I just want the one with the best performance and no troubles:).. I just picked up the Toshiba A3 now time for the Blue ray player.. Cya Slick

Which one would you buy the Sony BD-S300 Or Samsung's BD1400 I just want the one with the best performance and no troubles:).. I just picked up the Toshiba A3 now time for the Blue ray player.. Cya Slick
I vote PS3. Anything else in that price range is a gamble as far as compatibility with final specs.

I'm going to buy a Samsung BD-1400 with an eithernet jack tonight. Will a firmware upgrade allow me to use profile 2.0 or should I wait? Best Buy has the player for $399 with 10 free movies, which is a great price.

I would not gamble on the 1400 being upgradeable to 2.0, if you are oppossed to a PS3 then I would wait for maybe the BD50 from panasonic or be prepared to sell the 1400 down the road if you wannt jump on the movie deal.

I vote PS3.

Dang vurbano, I'm surprised no one has used this in their sig. :)

I'm going to buy a Samsung BD-1400 with an eithernet jack tonight. Will a firmware upgrade allow me to use profile 2.0 or should I wait? Best Buy has the player for $399 with 10 free movies, which is a great price.
I got the samsung about a month ago. Firmware 2.0 is rumered but I doubt it will happen. 1.1 is probably a more likley rumor. The new 1500 will be out in June that is 1.1. I really like the player. Make sure it has the latest firmware if you get it.

I would not gamble on the 1400 being upgradeable to 2.0, if you are oppossed to a PS3 then I would wait for maybe the BD50 from panasonic or be prepared to sell the 1400 down the road if you wannt jump on the movie deal.

Dang vurbano, I'm surprised no one has used this in their sig. :)
Ive said it several times. The PS3 has the best shot at it. Will it work? I wont say for sure there is rumors of a very early beta version, there is no gaurantee. You can risk 1200 dollars or 300 take your pick

Last edited:
Well I went with the Samsung. Got my 5 free in store movies, and will send off for my 5 free movies. I'm sure this player will work well for what I need it for. From what I gather 2.0 will just allow me to have internet features. I don't have eithernet cable ran to my living room so it doesn't really matter. 1.1 on the other hand might be nice. I'll be sure to update the firmware before watching any movies.

Thanks all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)