Be careful what you wish for!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sataholic

Oct 28, 2004
I was one of those people that couldn't wait for D* to offer my locals (61704) out of Peoria, IL. My locals were added about 2 weeks ago and ABC was not one of the stations offered. I was told it would only be a matter of time until it was offered so I went ahead and signed up. Well guess what, ABC was added but the picture is horrible! It's like everything is neon. People's skin tone is bright red and and watching Monday Night Football was almost impossible last night because the field looked like a bright green neon glob! I had a headache all day long and was looking forward to watching MNF. I didn't know I was going to have to put my sunglasses on to watch it! FOX isn't much better. It has a lot of squiggly lines and ghosting where it looks like you can see another program going on right over the FOX broadcast. NBC and CBS come in perfect other than the fact that if I load my zip code into my RCA HD receiver to get the over the air guide I lose the sound to NBC on the OTA HD/digital station. I have to remove the zip code from the receiver, which in turn loses the OTA guide, to gain the sound for that station. I would have gladly waited another month or 2 for them to get all the bugs worked out. And to think I'm paying $3 extra per month so that I can watch 2 out of the 4 major network channels. Maybe I should start listening to my wife when she tells me to be patient! I guess I'll tell her she has been right all these years and I'll listen to her advice from now on ;) Yeah right!

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Complain to your local affiliates about the signal sas it is their supplied signals to the DBS providers that is mostly to blame. It is also their issues that keep them OFF of DBS as well.

As for your receiver problems, what brand & model as this shouldn't be happening and may be a bug or a setup issue.

Sataholic

Oct 28, 2004
I am currently emailing back and forth with the Chief Engineer at NBC in Peoria and he said he believes there is a software issue with D* and their channel mapping software may be faulty. He is checking with them to get it corrected. My receiver is an RCA DTC210.
So I need to check with the local ABC and Fox stations regarding my to other issues above and not D*?
Thanks

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
The local affiliate needs to be your primary contact and they will work with D* if they feel it is a DBS issue, and you need to stay on them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hello, From a new member

I need to replace my current dtv reciver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)