Please reply by conversation.

marco polo1

Original poster
Jan 13, 2016
oregon
What a great forum.
I switched back to direct tv.
I have a hr 44 receiver and 2 minies.
I rent this beach house often and they have a hr44 receiver but only with the local channels.
Transferring my receiver is not an option because my mother in law stays at home.
I understand direct TV only leases 1 genie per account.
Can I lease an older model receiver ?
Thanks

:welcome to Satelliteguys marco polo 1!

You can add a receiver to your home account and then use it at the beach house. The issue is that according to the terms of service you can't be using the receiver at the beach house while your mil is watching at home if they are on the same account.

You could add an H25 or HR24 to your account but it would add a 2 year contract.

You could look for a used H24/H25 or HR24 that is "OWNED" and activate it for no contract with $20 purchase of an access card.
The hard part is finding "owned" equipment. There are some on eBay, but many that are leased that will not be able to activate.

You cannot activate a second genie. The dish at the beach house should work fine with your receiver, it may just need to have "satellite setup" ran again on the receiver.

It sounds like you want to take a receiver from your home to the beach house so that you can receive local channesl from your home area. That is not going to work. You don't mention where "home" and the "beach house" are. The local channels a reciever will get are determined by the zip code on the service address in the account, and the spot beam from the satellite that provides them. If you are outside the spotbeam for the service address, the receiver will not be able to show local channels from the service address. If that is not what you were looking for, then....nevermind..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)