Becoming Jaded With Half/voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
Half Voom is kind of like a half-brain. It doesn't work too well. Only 3 movie channels and I've noticed that Equator and Rush are not putting on any new programming. Rush has stopped doing surfing entirely so it seems and I miss World Sports.

Looking for all 21 Voom channels on Jan. 1 or will really have to reconsider Dish vs. Cable. Right now I have Time Warner HD with HD-DVR and Dish/VOOM HD with the 811 and if I had to make a choice right now Time Warner would win.

Looking forward to the restoration of the VOOM 21 in 2006!

The lack of new content on VOOM10 is alarming...what ever happened to the $100M a year funding Cablevision promised? Surely they can do better! VOOM may only be showing one-half of their channels, but they are adding less than one-half the content on their three movies channels and endlessly looping the others. VOOM21 is now more like a quarter-pounder...less the cheese.

I have decided to drop them ( I have Comcast and the HD Pack from E* ) and with no new content and no HD-DVR with E* ( unlike the great 6412 from Comcast that I did not have to buy ) they are not worth the $20.00 a month, I liked having Monsters-HD, but it is just the same stuff over and over at different times, how many times can they promote Dawn of the Dead being on.

One of the big drawbacks of having VOOM on Dish is the fact that we have DVR's. IN two weeks I saw everything I missed before on VOOM and they really have not added much since then.

The DVR if it was ever released would have actually showed the flaws with VOOM and their limited programming.

Let's hope they pick up the ball soon. The only channel I still tune to that I have not seen a million times is HD News.

I think we are only seeing the flaws now because they have dropped the ball in term of new content. If we were getting the same amount of content per month (as before) everything will be ok with or without a DVR. It smells to me like James is behind this latest fiasco of the VOOM content going down. Way to go James... You did it, you did it... now let it go... :)

You may have a good point there Sean. Did James take control of the programmng?
Before we were seeing new "Eye Over..." programs and fantastic new programs on Rush including surfing and parachuting but not now. I can hold out until we get the other chanlnels but I hope they aren't in the same "time warp" with no new programming. HDNEWS has improved since they were with the original VOOM in my opinion.During this same time I have had VOOM (April 2004-present) D* has not added 1 new HD program and is still giving out the same empty promises. Since I have Dish/VOOM and Time Warner Cable I get a lot of HD. But remember that a big attraction of VOOM's original 21 were CINEMAX HD, STARZ HD & ENCORE HD. No one is offering those channels in HD plus HBO HD and Showtime HD right now. That combination would make 5 HD premium movie channels and would of course be outstanding. I keep thinking how far anyone has to go to equal VOOM's original 21 channels plus their 10 premium Hd movie channels. Hope it all gets better.

Tvlman said:
But remember that a big attraction of VOOM's original 21 were CINEMAX HD, STARZ HD & ENCORE HD. No one is offering those channels in HD plus HBO HD and Showtime HD right now. That combination would make 5 HD premium movie channels and would of course be outstanding.

Certain caple companies offer those Premium movie channels ( except for ENCORE HD of course ), Comcast for one which I get, I really like getting Max HD, it has become my favorite movie channel in HD, just in the last month or so it has had on The Untouchables, The Jack Ryan movies, Star Trek movies, Black Rain, The Peacemaker ( and more) all in HD and OAR along with Spider-Man 2, Day after Tomorrow and I,Robot on Saturday in HD, and a bunch of others coming soon.
StarzHD just blows super chunks, only one new HD movie a month, and all new movies they show from Disney and Universal are up-converted, not in HD.

I am so glad I went to Comcast after the Voom demise; even though they are a pain in the ass to deal with, it sounds like the dead scappings of Voom, that so many of you couldn't wait to sign up for, are nothing more than that..Dead pieces of old programming...

so happy I didn't waste my $$$ buying all the equipment and having 2 dishes up on the side of my house to see the Three Stooges on Mars for the 23rd time...

I will stick with Cable until D* comes out with Mpeg4...HD DVR and On Demand just BLOWS AWAY the junk on Dish Network!!!!! and, its ALOT less expensive...

vurbano said:
I see Bruce is back in his element .

What do you mean?

Sean Mota said:
... It smells to me like James is behind this latest fiasco of the VOOM content going down. Way to go James... You did it, you did it... now let it go... :)
Source? Or is this just a wild a** guess on your part?

You think J. Dolan got tired of being CEO of Cablevision, and now he wants to micromanage VOOM programming?

mdonnelly said:
Source? Or is this just a wild a** guess on your part?

You think J. Dolan got tired of being CEO of Cablevision, and now he wants to micromanage VOOM programming?
if you have been reading the press releases about cablevision possible going private it says that the programming, would be controlled by james and charles would head the cable division

Here is my theory on what's going on with VOOM:

1. It may seem like eternity to us, but it has been just over two months since the VOOM future has been decided. Until then VOOM was in shut-down mode for several months, as you remember, burning whatever they have prepared in the prior months. Even if the new money have finally started coming in, it probably takes more than just two months for a new production cycle to kick in.

2. I am sure VOOM is still going through some re-organization. They are still trying to comprehend what has occurred and what to do next, how to structure its new channel lineup and corresponding production teams, and all related efforts, etc.

3. They probably think that many E* VOOM subscribers are new to VOOM. And they hope that they can last for a few months on their current extensive library. What may seem an old content to VOOM veterans, may look like a brand-new content to many E* subscribers, new to VOOM. This removes the urgency of new content production and gives them time to restructure and rethink their priorities.

My guess, it will all bounce back by this Fall, especially if some cable (or fiber) companies express their interest in VOOM channels.

Just my speculation...

Hope you're right Ilya. Like a Cubs fan I'm willing to "wait until next year." Meanwhile Time Warner Cable with INHD1&2 is covering a lot of new ground just like VOOM when it started.

I too am getting a bit sick of the same horror flicks over and over and over on MonstersHD...let's get with it, VOOM...and I miss DivineHD!

Comeon you guys. Who hasnt seen every law and order on UHD? or every Dinosaur planet on Discovery channel?

vurbano said:
Comeon you guys. Who hasnt seen every law and order on UHD? or every Dinosaur planet on Discovery channel?
31%20Elmer%20Fudd.jpg

"B-b-b-b-b-but hawen't you ever heard that two wongs don't make a wite?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)