Bedroom remote is changing den receiver sometimes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
United States
I have a HR24-500 in my den and a H24-700 in my bedroom. Both setups are using Harmony 700 remotes. The problem is that both use IR and the bedroom remote will change the den receiver when someone is in the bedroom watching TV. Since the Harmony doesn't support RF I can't make one IR and the other RF. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! with the Directv remotes I know you can go to settings > remote > program remote then advanced mode for multi receiver setups, not sure with the Harmonys.
Thanks! I'll check out advanced mode and see what it offers.

Your Welcome, I'm on the latest CE, not sure if that makes a difference in that menu or not.
Yes, I'm on the latest CE as well. It appears that setting the multiple receiver setting is something that actually changes the D* remote. Since I use the Harmony 700s, I'm not sure I'll be able to get around this.

Something different I was thinking about, I just programmed 2 new backlit remotes, I found that they have a Copy Remote setting ... on the HR24's anyways, thought I could go in and set one up and that I would be able to COPY those settings to a different remote that I was using, but it didn't offer me that option. Not sure how that is suppose to work.

I had a RC65RX and thought that when I got the Backlit one it would come in handy.

However, in order to set up the new one, I had to take the old one out of RF mode, now I have the new one working in RF mode, but the OLD one won't work at all, because it is on IR and I don't know if I can make it work with RF, without messing up the New one.

Hi Jimbo, the Harmony 700s that I use do not support RF so I'm unable to make one IR and one RF. This means the bedroom Harmony which has limited line of site to the HR24-500 in the den can change it sometimes. Would love to find a way around this. Love my Harmony remotes so it's not an option to get rid of them! :)

Hi Jimbo, the Harmony 700s that I use do not support RF so I'm unable to make one IR and one RF. This means the bedroom Harmony which has limited line of site to the HR24-500 in the den can change it sometimes. Would love to find a way around this. Love my Harmony remotes so it's not an option to get rid of them! :)

Both recvrs should have different frequencies, so this really shouldn't happen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts