bein Sport HD channel request

A beINSport mux has recently started broadcasting on Galaxy 23.
There are two channels in the mux, both showing the same programming at this time.
It's H.264 4:2:0 HD 1920x1080i.
But the current program is obviously upconverted and stretched 4x3 SD material.

A beINSport mux has recently started broadcasting on Galaxy 23.
There are two channels in the mux, both showing the same programming at this time.
It's H.264 4:2:0 HD 1920x1080i.
But the current program is obviously upconverted and stretched 4x3 SD material.

Not understanding any of this, can I take it as a good sign? Is Galaxy 23 where E* tests things that are launching soon? Or is it someplace where Al Jazeera has stuff that may or may not have anything to do with Dish?

Not understanding any of this, can I take it as a good sign? Is Galaxy 23 where E* tests things that are launching soon? Or is it someplace where Al Jazeera has stuff that may or may not have anything to do with Dish?
Galaxy 23 is not a dish network satellite. That is a satellite used for domestic distribution. I would not take this as a sign that dish (or anyone) has a deal in place to carry this channel.

beIN SPORT USA

I guess this qualifies as an update: According to their website the August 1 launch is now August 15. They also have info up trying to get people to contact providers. As far as I can tell no major provider is missing from the list, which would indicate that they don't actually have a deal inked with anyone yet.

So, they bought the U.S. broadcast rights to the Italian Supercopa, which is a single game played on Aug. 11...but they are not launching their broadcast until Aug. 15?

I don't know that things are going according to plan.

Last edited:
thanks for the update, i can't believe they still have not released more info! this is really unprofessional of them.

EXCITED BEYOND BELIEF ! I called my provider Directv and a wonderful representative told me that right now, Dish Network is the only service set to carry beIN Sport. He was the most helpful rep I have ever dealt with and said that Directv are in negotiations with beIN Sport and that it`s "pretty much certain" that they will come to an agreement very soon BUT only after a petition has built with enough people requesting it.He was clear though,that DISH will start broadcasting beIN Sport on August 1. I know it`s unusual for a rep to detail a competitors programming but this is what he told me.No time to call Dish today. I will make the switch on Monday IF they can confirm they will have beIN Sport so I can watch LaLiga, Serie A and PSG !!! AND listen to Ray Hudson! I dropped Dish when they stopped carrying GOLtv and La Liga. I loved their service,especially the DVR. Anyways,I am busting now ! I`ll confirm everything with you all on Monday after I`ve made the switch,hopefully. Fingers crossed ! Sorry to leave Directv but I need my Real Madrid.

joannstef, do you really think that a Directv CSR has a clue what Dish is doing? Dish CSRs have no idea what is going on, no less a competitor.

joannstef, do you really think that a Directv CSR has a clue what Dish is doing? Dish CSRs have no idea what is going on, no less a competitor.

Yeah. I'd be careful. As of yesterday, BeIn's official twitter feed was still telling people to call DISH (and giving thier CSR #) to request the channel. They had a separate post for every provider, including Direct, Comcast, TWC, Fios Verizon. I don't think they would bother doing that with someone they already had a deal with.

EXCITED BEYOND BELIEF ! I called my provider Directv and a wonderful representative told me that right now, Dish Network is the only service set to carry beIN Sport. He was the most helpful rep I have ever dealt with and said that Directv are in negotiations with beIN Sport and that it`s "pretty much certain" that they will come to an agreement very soon BUT only after a petition has built with enough people requesting it.He was clear though,that DISH will start broadcasting beIN Sport on August 1. I know it`s unusual for a rep to detail a competitors programming but this is what he told me.No time to call Dish today. I will make the switch on Monday IF they can confirm they will have beIN Sport so I can watch LaLiga, Serie A and PSG !!! AND listen to Ray Hudson! I dropped Dish when they stopped carrying GOLtv and La Liga. I loved their service,especially the DVR. Anyways,I am busting now ! I`ll confirm everything with you all on Monday after I`ve made the switch,hopefully. Fingers crossed ! Sorry to leave Directv but I need my Real Madrid.
Soccer fans are kinda nuts, huh? :)

Yeah. I'd be careful. As of yesterday, BeIn's official twitter feed was still telling people to call DISH (and giving thier CSR #) to request the channel. They had a separate post for every provider, including Direct, Comcast, TWC, Fios Verizon. I don't think they would bother doing that with someone they already had a deal with.

True, but it is possible that they just have every provider listed so as not to give away the information about who is set to carry beIn. They obviously don't want to share the info on who has a deal with them yet, and by leaving Dish off the list, they would be clearly giving away this info (people would read between the lines). So it's possible (whether it's likely is another question) that they just listed every major provider (plus Sky Angel for some reason) in order to avoid giving out information they don't want released yet. Of course the fact that they don't want this information released yet is pretty stupid if you ask me. But I'm just playing devil's advocate.

I'm guessing the reason they don't want to tell people which providers they have a deal with yet is that they don't want to do damage to their negotiations with the providers that they do NOT have a deal with yet. For example, they don't want to send the message "you have to switch from DirecTV to Dish to get beIn" when they're still in "good faith" negotiations with DirecTV and have complete confidence that they will reach an agreement before the launch. People would get mad at beIn if they ended up switching providers for nothing in the end. But I'm not a mind-reader.

Oh boy, I'll have whatever you're having...... Seriously, if they had a deal with any provider they, and the provider, would be announcing it straight up. One, it allows the provider to one up the competitor and two, it allows BeIn to more easily negotiate with the other providers because they already have a deal in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts