bein Sport HD channel request

We all already made requests for Dish to carry this channel, and not it appears as if they will. Can we make requests to a DIRT member that they carry it in HD? I know we can't argue with Dish about a cost/benefit analysis and try to convince them that it's good for the company. The best we can do is, as customers, make a strong request that we would really really like to have these two channels in HD and we will be very very disappointed if Dish does not carry them in HD. We are glad that Dish has decided to carry the channels, but we would very much like to request that they be in HD.
First thing first... what package(s) will it be carried on.

ksbuie said:
My guess would be 120+ and 250, similar to FSC.

I'd guess every package or damn near every package. Dish is being paid to carry it so the more eyeballs it is available to the more Dish gets (assuming the deal is structured logically like that).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Directv post in guide goltv is moving on both Spanish and English hd versions. maybe the gonna carry bein 1 and bein 2 hd

Looks like only Directv is launching it anyway.

From beIN Sport Facebook page

EXCLUSIVE! USA SPORTS FANS SCORE WITH LAUNCH OF beIN SPORT ON DIRECTV

beIN Sport launches tomorrow 8/15 on DIRECTV! Thank YOU for all your support, and tell all of your friends. ¡DIRECTV lanza beIN Sport mañana 8/15! Muchas gracias por todo TU apoyo, y dile a todos tus amigos.

From tomorrow August 15th at 7.30pm EST, beIN SPORT, the new 24-hour network dedicated to live and exclusive coverage of the world’s best international sports, will air on DIRECTV, one of the world’s leading providers of digital television entertainment services.

beIN SPORT’s exclusive programming will include coverage of the top soccer leagues and tournaments from Europe and South America, including Spain’s La Liga, Italy’s Serie A, France’s Ligue Un, the South American World Cup Qualifiers and Copa America 2015, as well as many other world-class sporting events.

The English-language version of beIN SPORT will be offered in HD and SD as part of the DIRECTV Sports Pack. The network will also provide an entirely differentiated Spanish-language channel, beIN SPORT “En Español”, which will be available on DIRECTV Más™ in SD.

In addition to its linear TV network, select beIN SPORT content will be available online for DIRECTV customers.

The temporary free online stream we’ve been providing will also end tomorrow. If you’re not subscribed to DIRECTV then be sure to ask your provider to carry beIN Sport, as we’re confident you can score yet another goal with them all!

Programming schedule soon to be up on http://beinsport.tv/

Be sure to get all our breaking news by following us on Twitter @beINSport1USA (English) and @beINSport2USA (Spanish)

I got an email last night (I should note that its unconfirmed) that beIN Sport will NOT be on DISH.

If this is true it proves the theory that not all channels uplinked are actually launched to consumers.

Guess we find out around 4PM ET when we get the DISH Uplink report.

I would love to hear their reasoning behind not adding it.
They didn't have GolTV and beinSport took most of their programming. Of course beinSport also has Serie A and Championship leagues. But most of these leagues are niche in a manner of speaking. Seems a little sore that they'd add "Surfing TV" over "beinSport" but I guess I'll survive.

This is a very bad news. Although not a big fan...but do enjoy some matches form these leagues myself. IMO..Dish probably think they dont have enough subs to justify the investment in this channel. Directv will gain a few sub for this (those die-hard fans).

This is a very bad news. Although not a big fan...but do enjoy some matches form these leagues myself. IMO..Dish probably think they dont have enough subs to justify the investment in this channel. Directv will gain a few sub for this (those die-hard fans).

There might not have been a big investment if indeed beIN was not charging companies to add this channel.

That is ridiculous. If beIn Sports is paying Dish to carry the networks, then why on earth would they pass on it? Is it because viewers might get hooked and then when beIn decides it's ready to get paid for their programming, Dish would have to remove the channels and piss off their customers? That's about the only reason I can think of for not carrying the channels. Still, at least give us the channels while they're free for Dish. Then see how much people like them. If beIn wins the contract for the BPL next summer, wouldn't Dish kind of be forced to pick them up because Fox Soccer would no longer provide enough to keep the soccer fans happy?

Got the following PR from beIN, but no metion at all of DISH.

INTERNATIONAL SPORTS FANS SCORE WITH LAUNCH OF beIN SPORT ON DIRECTV

America’s New Premier Destination for International Sports to Debut on DIRECTV Today

MIAMI, August 15, 2012 – beIN SPORT, the new 24-hour network dedicated to live and exclusive coverage of the world’s best international sports, today announced that DIRECTV, one of the world’s leading providers of digital television entertainment services, will carry beIN SPORT beginning with its inaugural telecast today.

DIRECTV customers now have access to the most exciting matches and an unprecedented amount of behind-the-scenes content not seen on any other channel. Among the exciting programming that can only be seen on beIN SPORT is coverage of the top soccer leagues and tournaments from Europe and South America, including Spain’s La Liga, Italy’s Serie A, France’s Ligue Un, South American World Cup Qualifiers and Copa America 2015, as well as many other world-class sporting events.

The English-language version of beIN SPORT will be offered in HD and SD as part of the DIRECTV Sports Pack. The network will also provide an entirely differentiated Spanish-language channel, beIN SPORT “En Español”, which will be available on DIRECTV Más™ in SD. In addition to its linear TV network, select beIN SPORT content will be available online for DIRECTV customers.

“DIRECTV recognizes the passion of its international sports fans. No other channel will have our games, our leagues or our matches. beIN SPORT’s exclusive rights means we are the ultimate destination for the avid fan to the general sports enthusiast who want to see professional international sports action,” said Yousef Al Obaidly, managing director of beIN Sport.

Looks like Dish knows what numbers of subs will leave if Beln is not available...& looks like they are fine by that loss. Still IMO...Dish should work out a contract & add that channel. Soccer is gaining more & more eyeballs in US....& its good for Dish to have major soccer events in its lineup...with Fox, ESPN, UDEP & Beln (if they agree to a deal).

EPLTalk is reporting that a source says that Bein is close to two distributor deals, one of them being Dish.
Looks like Dish knows what numbers of subs will leave if Beln is not available...& looks like they are fine by that loss. Still IMO...Dish should work out a contract & add that channel. Soccer is gaining more & more eyeballs in US....& its good for Dish to have major soccer events in its lineup...with Fox, ESPN, UDEP & Beln (if they agree to a deal).
On one hand Bein Sport will be the main competitor to global football with Fox. However, on the other hand, for the most part, Fox controls the biggest content for viewership. EPL barely draws in an audience. La Liga, Serie A must have significantly lower numbers than the EPL.

Of course, if Bein gets the EPL, then Dish would be wise to sign up, honestly, there would be little reason for FSC to exist other than Europa and Champions League football, a draw, but the EPL is the bigger draw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts