bein Sport HD channel request

If beIN gets the EPL, FSC would need to head back to Fox Sports World or Fox Sports #, and broadcast the Cups and rugby.

The real question is Fox going to want to put up that kind of money (we all know beIN is going to offer some ridiculous amount to get the EPL). Personally I dont think they will want to match beIN's number.

Apparently, Charlie's teenage children don't watch it. Ergo, nobody in America does, either.
We are talking about the Spanish League which hasn't been on Dish since they dropped GolTV. Serie A, Championship, and Ligue Un were on Fox, though mostly on FS+. So, for the most part, these represent leagues that weren't on previously on normal non-premium channels (except Serie A). Dish survived without them, so this isn't exactly surprising. If GolTV wasn't worth it... why are these leagues worth it now, unless beIn is actually paying for carriage.

These are niche leagues, sadly. EPL doesn't garner a lot of viewers, these leagues would be even fewer. Hopefully Dish will get this network, but the idea that Charlies kids don't watch football therefore no one does is a bit of a low shot, seeing that most people don't watch football in America... unless there are a ton of commercial breaks, lots of pads, and only about 12 minutes of action per 60 minutes of official time. :(

Hopefully Dish will get this network, but the idea that Charlies kids don't watch football therefore no one does is a bit of a low shot, seeing that most people don't watch football in America... unless there are a ton of commercial breaks, lots of pads, and only about 12 minutes of action per 60 minutes of official time. :(
He has used his family's viewing habits before to justify his programming decisions, and has mentioned his teenagers specifically. So, there is nothing low about me referencing it in a humorous, if cynical, way.

And, soccer has been growing steadily in the last 10 years or so. Plus, Dish is specifically known for International Programming. It almost behooves them to carry these channels. It's quite a head-scratcher that they are not.

The sad thing is that without BeIN sports, no Barca and no Real Madrid.
And I also watched Serie A on Fox Soccer, along with the Serie A Show and other related programming.

Now Fox Soccer is only showing replays of Champions League and I looked at the schedule for next 2 weeks and is only BPL and Champions League repeated over and over and over and over... :(

At least last season I could watch Madrid every other weekend steaming on espn3.com, now I cant even do that.

could their reason for not carrying be that Beinsports say that they will carry some south american world cup qualifiers? i know that dish does show those on PPV.
It could very well be. They view PPV as a huge revenue creator. And, they are extremely protective of it. It's the reason they don't nest the PPV channels on the Hopper, even though PPV clutters up the guide way more than music channels, RSN's, or Internationals, which are nested.

It could very well be. They view PPV as a huge revenue creator. And, they are extremely protective of it. It's the reason they don't nest the PPV channels on the Hopper, even though PPV clutters up the guide way more than music channels, RSN's, or Internationals, which are nested.
No.. They arent going to be on PPV no more

credit to ceezmad from BigSoccer.com
7790582714_ed72415f24_c.jpg

Last edited:
Nice catch Wicked!

Not listed on their website yet.

I do find it odd that beIN Sports own PR department does not know it will be on DISH, if they stuck a deal it must have happened sometime today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)