Bell 9242 External Hard Drive - Full

Warriorcats

Original poster
May 10, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I have and external hard drive for the Bell 9242. I was archiving show to the external HD, and I beleive it got too full. Now whenever I try to access it (via MENU Guide, Multimedia, My archive; or through the PVR menu, external hard drive) the receiver resets.

Any ideas as to what is happening, or how to correct the problem?

Is my only option to reformat the exernal drive and loose all the movies and show I have not yet watched?

Thanks.

I would suggest getting a Linux CD distribution and putting that in your PC, then you can remove a few shows, or all of them onto the PC and free up some space on the EHD.

You can NOT view the files when on the PC but can move them back and forward between the EHD and PC at your leisure.

I would suggest using a well know Live CD version of Linux like Ubuntu. (which is free)

Bell PVR External Drive Full Bug

Slartibartfarst,

I've tried what you suggested by getting Ubuntu, burning it on a CD, booting to it, plugging the Drive in and then move some files off of it. The roadblock I ran in to, which I have not been able to get any help on yet, is how to change the Permission on the drive in order to be able to 'Cut' folders from it. I can only 'Copy', which is not going to cut it - pun intended. It appears as though the 'Owner' and 'Group' of the drive is 'root', which cannot be graphically logged in - only with the Terminal using 'sudo -i' and 'su'. Logged in as 'root' with the Terminal, still does not give me the Permissions to be able to 'Cut' files off of the disk. There must be some way of changing the Permissions on the disk, but I just can't find it. Do you know of a way to do this, or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Keith

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts