Bell Expressvu

mobile1

Original poster
I am an Expressvu subscriber and I'm trying to make my Expressvu receiver work in my motor home which has an older KVH TracVision SF satellite dish installed. I talked to TracVision and they said my receiver should work but I can only lock on Nimiq 91. There doesn't seem to be much programing on 91, all I get is movie promo's. I can get a signal off 81 but it's not good enough to lock the receiver. Is most of the programing on 81. Should I try replacing the LNB?. Also I'm in the Phoenix area at the moment so not sure if I'm in the satellite footprint. Does anybody know if I will need two LNBs to make the service work?

nimiq4 is at 82w and is footprinted north. how big a reflector does that dish have, you might need a pretty big one? most of bells hd channels are on that sat. on the praries a 24 inch dish with 2 lnbs, pins quality. you need a newer bell hd reciever to even lock those services.

crackt out,.

I doubt you could get coverage that far south.
Especially on the smaller dishes generally used on the autotracking mounts.

Also, you're more likely to get a better answer in the BEV forum here, than in FTA.

Our friends who spend the winter in Arizona have no problem with Bell Satellite using a small, precariously mounted dish. I will ask if there is a trick to it as many Canadians near them use the same temporary arrangement.

My receiver is a 6131 about year and a half old so should work I think. Works fine in Canada. However the reflector is quite small probably 18 inches or less. I wonder if I should try changing the skew angle ( think that's the correct term ) on on the LNB. Is the transmit power lower on 82 because I can get a decent signal off of 91?
I'll also try the BEV forum as suggested.

Bell Expressvu in Phoenix

I am an Expressvu subscriber and I'm trying to make my Expressvu receiver work in my motor home which has an older KVH TracVision SF satellite dish installed. I talked to TracVision and they said my receiver should work but I can only lock on Nimiq 91. There doesn't seem to be much programing on 91, all I get is movie promo's. I can get a signal off 82 but it's not good enough to lock the receiver. Is most of the programing on 82. Should I try replacing the LNB?. Also I'm in the Phoenix area at the moment so not sure if I'm in the satellite footprint. Does anybody know if I will need two LNBs to make the service work?

I am an Expressvu subscriber and I'm trying to make my Expressvu receiver work in my motor home which has an older KVH TracVision SF satellite dish installed. I talked to TracVision and they said my receiver should work but I can only lock on Nimiq 91. There doesn't seem to be much programing on 91, all I get is movie promo's. I can get a signal off 81 but it's not good enough to lock the receiver. Is most of the programing on 81. Should I try replacing the LNB?. Also I'm in the Phoenix area at the moment so not sure if I'm in the satellite footprint. Does anybody know if I will need two LNBs to make the service work?

You probably don't want to hear this but my recommendation is to ditch Bell Compressview and get a Shaw direct system. Here are a few reasons why:

1) Much better picture
2) Much better eirp coverage
3) Holds up much better in heavy rain
4) Better customer service (subjective)

my 2¢

We just received this note from Deming, New Mexico: "Yes, we are still receiving a signal from Bell. I will take a picture of the satellite dish, just wondering what Jim will deduce from that."

while you can get 91W which is all the SD programming, the HD sat at 82W is the one that the OP cant get because of the footprint

I just noticed this in his OP

There doesn't seem to be much programing on 91, all I get is movie promo's
Sounds like the receiver was out of the stream for too long and he needs a rehit from Bell. The OP should call Bell and ask for a rehit once he gets the dish aimed back at 91W

Ooops, I assumed they were redundant to accommodate subscribers contending with an obstacle or in case of failure. So when subscribers choose a Bell satellite with a single LNB on a stationary system (which in drive-by observing seems to be the norm) they are only getting a subset of the signals. Does that mean a bit of a satellite tweak is required with the introduction of a new HD television?

Mobile1 are you trying to get HD? b'cuz 91 is where most of BEV's SD pgming is. if youre only getting movie promos on 91 youre subscription must not be right. We're kinda northwest of you and we get lots and lots of channels on 91. (Were too far south for 82 so no HD for us.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts