BellTV - Best transponders for Aiming and Peaking??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Strino

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
I'm planning on bringing one of my BellTV 4100 receivers to camp tomorrow. I don't have a signal meter for aiming my dish -- I've typically used my Coolsat 7000 or 7100 for that job.

Coolsat's receivers list the transponders by frequency, while the BellTV receivers list them by transponder numbers.

I'm only going to be aiming it at 91 at the camp.
Which TP number and frequency are best to aim/peak the signal?

Thanks for your input.

Strino, for 91.0W strongest Tp's as of last year were: Tp 04 = 84, Tp 09 = 86, Tp 11 & 12 = 84, Tp 22 = 84, Tp 29 = 76. This was after a realignment done on my Dish for 91 and 82. I believe when talking to Bell Technical Services they ask for your Signal Strength on Tp's: 04, 11, 22, and 32. Don't know off hand what the Tp frequency's were, but you likely can Google them up on Lyngsat Sat TV listings.

My friend moved from canada to nj and my other friend setup there b*v system but never could get a good signal on 82....he even setup a single dish for each 82 & 91 and still couldn't get a good signal on 82...so they are miss a lot of channels but not many people we know can help......this has been going on for the last year....i think they were using their old twin b*v dish a few years old and don't know if they had a new one out...but next time i'll check out what jsattv posted for tp signals...thanks for the info

Chips34, just to add, with proper alignment you will find the Tp Signal Levels on 82 are all between 94 to 100, & as has been mentioned previously by others, it is a much more powerful Sat then 91.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)