Bell in PA

jampur

Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
PA
Help please.

I moved my 50cm dish from BC to near Allentown. I have a 3100 and a 6100HD receiver.

I get 91 at 90% on all transponders but only 50% to 60% on 82, and only on even transponders. When I check switch it shows an x on 82 odd.

60% is the best I can get on 82 by aligning the dish.

On screen most of my channels are missing, and the ones that are there either give me an error message about 82 and an odd transponder, or I get a message that my smart card is not subscribed to the channel. I can watch 2 info channels only.

So, is it a weak signal issue, or a bad switch, or an east vs west smartcard issue, or a combination of these, or?

Anyone have any ideas?

Lots of people have complained about the signal strength from 82W in PA and NJ. The footprint changed when they put up the new Nimiq4 satellite for 82W last year. You should get a seperate 30" or 36" dish for 82W to help you with your low signal strength at your location.

You have the exact same set up I had. Loved it until that footprint changed.

I'm not far from you in southern Morris County in NJ. My advice is to give it up if you want the HD. It's just not worth it.

I'm considering Shaw, but I'm not sure I want to spend any more money on equipment and monthly programming costs.

I used it here from 2003 to 2006 but without HD, and it was simple - no problems. I added HD when I moved back to BC. They switched me to West programming there, and I don't know if it will work here or if I have to switch back to East, which would add another wrinkle (address).

Shaw would mean buying new gear and a separate dish too, no?

It will not matter what programming you get, if the signal is not there, it is not there.

QCK gave you the only thing that might work, a larger Dish for 82 only.

I realize that, but not much point in putting up a second dish if the programming won't be there.

hd will work in lehigh valley

the hd programming is there even with my dispro.. signal is 50-60% and i live in the lehigh valley area also it just goes out with moderate rain i have second larger dish i have bought and these will resolve any issues in this area. i think bell did some changes recently with either the 82 transponders or the tweaked footprint. as the 82 transponders are consistly 10% higher in our area anyone else noticing somwhat higher readings in the mid atlantic or northast. hey im not complaining..

weak nimiq (82)

the hd programming is there even with my dispro.. signal is 50-60% and i live in the lehigh valley area also it just goes out with moderate rain i have second larger dish i have bought and these will resolve any issues in this area. i think bell did some changes recently with either the 82 transponders or the tweaked footprint. as the 82 transponders are consistly 10% higher in our area anyone else noticing somwhat higher readings in the mid atlantic or northast. hey im not complaining..

I am in Philadelphia Pa. I have a 30" Winegard dish mounted on the ground-tr's 5,11 and 13 very low...15 and 32 seem the strongest at about 71-73% or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts