Bell signal loss

kubrick1

Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
You guys have helped me out before so I hope you can help again. I live in Oregon and have had a Bell satellite for over ten years. I didn't get every channel but I got a substantial amount of standard and HD channels. The only ones I really care about are the ones that carry the Leafs. I had my house re-roofed so of course the dish had to come down. Now I am only receiving at best about 78% signal on 82 and 0 on 91. It's not enough to lock and it seems no matter what I do I can't seem to get more signal. This is odd since just a couple of days ago it worked. Solutions? Can I increase the signal strength to the receiver some how? Should I buy a bigger dish? Should I go with Shaw?

Thanks,

Steve

I wouldn't look any further than the positioning of the DISH as the problem. It worked before taking down, unless the cabling got damaged, aimed corretly it should work now too. If you take your time aiming it you may even get better signals than before.

I would suggest removing any switch's in the circuit before aiming the Dish.

Set up on 91 with a direct line from the 91 LNBF to the receiver, peak the signal and then up back the switch's.

Make sure that the skew setting remains unchanged from before.

Shaw direct satellite

Legal way to get Canadian locals in US?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)