511 - CNNi (CNN International)
1283 - TCM HD
1578 - CNN HD

Looks like Bell TV has added some new channels:

292 - TCM
511 - CNNi (CNN International)
1283 - TCM HD
1578 - CNN HD

It should be noted at least on TCM HD(not sure about AMC HD) that certain movies have been blacked out due to copy right issues, but the SD version shows the movie so not sure what "really" going on, wasn't aware there where SD & HD Copy rights? :confused:. This also happens on Rogers Cable so its not a BTV "thing"

It should be noted at least on TCM HD(not sure about AMC HD) that certain movies have been blacked out due to copy right issues, but the SD version shows the movie so not sure what "really" going on, wasn't aware there where SD & HD Copy rights? :confused:. This also happens on Rogers Cable so its not a BTV "thing"

ummmm, maybe I'm missing something but the entire 1562-1586 (news and learning HD range) is still blank for me.

I phoned BELL TV just now and they said they haven't added CNN HD and they had no record of it being on 1578. So where are you guys watching it? lol:confused:

I do see they extended the News and Learning range from 1578 to 1586, so something must be in the works, but as far as CNN HD... I don't receive it and BELL says they don't offer it.

If you have News and Learing #1 you will have it. I would not have posted it if it wasn't available. It has been available since the end of December when the thread was started.

thelist comes directly from the Bell stream so if a channel on thelist says available, you can bet your behind it IS available to subscribers

same with Dish.

Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised then that a BELL programming rep said it wasn't available, even when I gave him the exact channel number!

Two hours later I got a different agent, he said it is available, but like you said, N & L is a prerequisite for $8. I already get TLC HD, Discovery HD, so why would a customer pay $8 just for CNN. They really need to re-organize their theme packs. If you get the channel in SD you should get it in HD. There shouldn't even be HD theme packs in my opinion. Or else at the very least have a "per channel" charge of $2 or $3/month.

Bell's support is a shame if they don't even know what channels they are broadcasting.

Although I no longer have BTV?

Question?

When these channels appear does your location have anythingh to do with it?

I know those in Canada who have BTV and have HD those channels have appeared in the guide. Now grant you I don't live in the states so I'm not sure how the signal effects those in the South with channels appearing or not?

Question?

I know those in Canada who have BTV and have HD those channels have appeared in the guide. Now grant you I don't live in the states so I'm not sure how the signal effects those in the South with channels appearing or not?

I just got off the phone with someone and I was wondering why I could see all the SD channels I don't get in RED, but I couldn't see all the HD channels I did NOT get in RED (HBO, CNN HD, etc)... he said he's going to "re-sync" my guide and then I should see every channel whether it's subscribed or not.

I hate it when new channels come out and as a customer I have no idea they are there.

yeah me too it happen sometimes. so what i do, is a hard re-boot.

Well, even that didn't work for me. lol. He said he did a "re-sync", plus I reset the receiver. I still don't see all the channels I don't get (Premium movies, etc), but they did give me an awesome one month free of news and learning :) LOL

I still feel BELL should be more like SHAW where if you pay for an SD channel you usually get that channel in HD for free (with some minor exceptions like sports). Having a tonne of SD theme packs and growing HD theme packs which don't match up to the SD theme packs is ridiculous.

I already get TLC, Discovery HD, which are both part of news and learning 1 SD. So why would I want that pack in low-def? I just want CNN HD, but I have to take 12 other channels I have no interest in to get it. pfft.

lucky that you get hd channel. i only have a 5900. but a rep at bell tv told me to call bell tv and go to loyalty department to get a good deal. that is exacly what I'll do this friday.

Question?

Bell TV, Telus TV (same as the Bell TV feed) & Shaw Direct do not use spot beams. As long as you are within the continental footprint that is beamed you will get the signal. As you know Bell TV's 82W satellite is limited in the US to roughly the northern half, but Shaw Direct covers all of the US, Canada and a lot of Mexico as well.

So the answer to your question is no, location has nothing to do with it, it is all controlled by the provider.

Bell TV, Telus TV (same as the Bell TV feed) & Shaw Direct do not use spot beams. As long as you are within the continental footprint that is beamed you will get the signal. As you know Bell TV's 82W satellite is limited in the US to roughly the northern half, but Shaw Direct covers all of the US, Canada and a lot of Mexico as well.

So the answer to your question is no, location has nothing to do with it, it is all controlled by the provider.

When we were in Puerto Vallarta, where my wife is from, we saw a tonne of Starchoice dishes but not a single BELL dish. My question is during the rainy season in Puerto Vallarta, which is pretty much everyday from 4pm until midnight during the summer, how the heck do you receive a signal with a 20" dish? lol. Most residents seem to have satellite (even local dishes that are 3ft), but when it rains there it pours. Would be a lot of hours without TV I would think unless I'm missing something.

When we were in Puerto Vallarta, where my wife is from, we saw a tonne of Starchoice dishes but not a single BELL dish. My question is during the rainy season in Puerto Vallarta, which is pretty much everyday from 4pm until midnight during the summer, how the heck do you receive a signal with a 20" dish? lol. Most residents seem to have satellite (even local dishes that are 3ft), but when it rains there it pours. Would be a lot of hours without TV I would think unless I'm missing something.

What does that have to do with what you quoted what I wrote?

What does that have to do with what you quoted what I wrote?

You were talking about location right? I was simply saying you can get SHAW direct (starchoice) as far south in Mexico as at least Puerto Vallarta, and I added a question about the constant rain and how people manage with a satellite dish.

Sorry for conversing in a forum? :confused: lol

No need to be sorry, it just didn't jive with what I was talking about.

The location I was talking about was in reference to spot beams which the Canadian providers to this day do not use.

Anyway, there is no rocket science, if you have a 20" dish for Shaw Direct and it rains hard you will not have TV in Mexico, it's that simple. Even people with the 75E dish will have problems with hard rain in Mexico or in the Southern US for that matter. That is why many people have a seperate dishes for each satellite feed. The larger the better to avoid the rain fade.

These links will give you a good reference to what size dish you should have for each satellite:

107W: http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/anikf1r_ku.html
111W: http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/anikf2_ku.html

Hope that helps. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts