Bell weak signal

Marg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Ajo AZ
We just arrived here in Az and I find all the odd # transponders are very low like in the 50,s or not there at all.Last year everything was working great,any thought on this would be welcomed.

bell doesnt work well for southern us anymore there new satellite has a footprint more geared toward canada, i see starchoice/shaw direct in your future

bell works just fine in the northern border states

Last year everything was working great

I presume you mean the winter of 2009-2010......if such was the case, I'm not sure that Stone's reply applies to you. Nimiq4 was launched at longitude 82 in the fall of 2008 and from the git-go it did not reach the southern states. As Stone pointed out, the beam is more tightly focused on Canada, and everyone south of the northern tier of states has experienced problems. See the sticky thread that shows a map of reported signal levels from this satellite.

I'm not a Bell person myself, but I do live in AZ, and I had some friends who reside in the AJ area. They have experienced erratic behavior with their Bell installations, even before the launch of Nimiq4.

But if the transponders that your are missing come from the 91 satellite, you might start by checking your dish to see if it has been disturbed. Although I am still at my summer home in Quebec, I 've read that they've had some wild weather in the East Valley lately....perhaps it needs to be re-fine-tuned.

Other than that, you'll need someone more Bell-savvy than I to diagnose your problem.....

As Stone points out, Shaw might be an option for you. There is absolutely no problem with their signal from either satellite in AZ.

Let me know if you need some advice on procuring Shaw service......

I think your right about the dish being out a little when they launched the new sat in 08 everything worked great.Will do an adjustment tonite and will report if it helps thanks.

Just moved the dish a tiny bit and the signal went to 100% instantly,bell works just as good as at home. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)