Best and Worst sports predictions made by site members this year

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
At the start of this year, I put up a thread consisting of the best and worst predictions we made on this site in the year 2008.

Now, I'm going to do the same for now- Sabres' Second Annual Good/Bad Sports Predictions on This Site.

My best predictions:

I had USC losing 4 games this season- Anders chided me for that. Who's laughing now?

I correctly predicted all 4 NBA Conference Finalists

I correctly predicted every MLB Playoff series winner

My worst predictions:

I had the Cleveland Browns going 8-8

I thought the Raiders would have a winning record

I thought the Broncos would win only 3 times

Picking the San Jose Sharks to win the Stanley Cup

Those are mine.

What are yours?

i share some of your errors as well :eek:

i predicted the raiders would go 8-8 (bzzzz!)
" that the patriots would go to the super bowl (looks like this might be bzzz!)
" the broncos would not win many games (bzzzz!)
" the fins would not have a good season and miss the playoffs :)up:()
" chicago would improve with cutler (BZZZZZ!!!)
" that sanchez wouldn't be the next "joe" as some fools were already saying :)up)
" the browns wouldn't be any better with mangina :)up)
" Tennessee would be a contender after last season (BZZZZZ!!)

:eek:

On 9-02-2009 I posted the following...

Their schedule this year doesn't bode well for the Tigers' chances of topping the SEC west. They're the only team that has to face Florida during the season out of the three teams likely to win the west (Alabama and Ole Miss are the others). A potential loss against the Gators at home, and to one or both of the other two west contenders on the road will more than likely keep LSU out of the SECCG.
Not a tough call, but still on the nose. :up

As for my bad predictions, well... too many to bother with.

At the start of this year, I put up a thread consisting of the best and worst predictions we made on this site in the year 2008.

Now, I'm going to do the same for now- Sabres' Second Annual Good/Bad Sports Predictions on This Site.

My best predictions:

I had USC losing 4 games this season- Anders chided me for that. Who's laughing now?

I correctly predicted all 4 NBA Conference Finalists

I correctly predicted every MLB Playoff series winner

My worst predictions:

I had the Cleveland Browns going 8-8

I thought the Raiders would have a winning record

I thought the Broncos would win only 3 times

Picking the San Jose Sharks to win the Stanley Cup

Those are mine.

What are yours?

If memory serves you said that the Broncos wouldn't win any games.

I only made two predictions and they were both with my favorite football teams:

I predicted that the Raiders would do NO WORSE than 7-9....I still have a slight chance of that. And I predicted that The U would go 9-3 and win the ACC. I was sort of 50-50 there because I thought for SURE that only 3 losses would be enough to win the ACC. The U DID finish at 9-3 as predicted.

I did not predicted other teams because truth be told, I really don't care about other teams.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also predicted that IF the Yankees win the WS, this whole A-Rod steroids things would be relatively forgotten.....and it was!

I don't usually make many sports predictions, except when I'm pretty sure the Rangers are going to lose.

But I did make one prediction last month that came true. I predicted I was going to get engaged for the holidays...and I did! Last week.

It was soooooooo romantic, I won't bore you guys with the syrupy details...but I loved it. :)

What the heck is this sweetheart of a guy doing with a nutcase like me!?!?!? :D :eek:

Sandra

My only predictions were for the AFC West, in the Raiders thread, I said that either the Chiefs or the Raiders would finish 2nd in the west and that the Broncos would be awful.

I also said the Broncos always start strong (and did, 6-0) and finish horribly (2-6 so far with 2 to go) while the Chargers always start weak and finish strong (have won 9 in a row).

I don't remember crap that I said yesterday, let alone the past year. Maybe somebody else can clue ME in.:D
you said the lions and the browns would play each other this season in the superbowl.
shocked-smiley-9444.gif

I don't usually make many sports predictions, except when I'm pretty sure the Rangers are going to lose.

But I did make one prediction last month that came true. I predicted I was going to get engaged for the holidays...and I did! Last week.

It was soooooooo romantic, I won't bore you guys with the syrupy details...but I loved it. :)

What the heck is this sweetheart of a guy doing with a nutcase like me!?!?!? :D :eek:

Sandra

Many congrats!

Salsa, put down my prediction of a 9-7 Raiders season as one of my worst.

Listen....It was a stretch for me to WISH for 8-8. YES, they finished strong and JaMarcus had a decent year last year. Going into this year, they had a tougher schedule and they would have litterally to be injury free and get some breaks in that dreaded schedule...they had NEITHER and then some.

The simple fact that they got sh*** QB play, more or less the entire offensive line completely injured plush 2 guys they were highly depending on, Schillen and McFadden started injured....woulld have been tough for ANY team to compete with all those missing parts. Now would they have been at .500 or better if they would have gotten those break? Maybe yes and maybe no....we will never know...:(

Sandra
Does he KNOW that you hang out here ? :eek:
Have you been hiding your TRUE self when he's been around !

Just the same, Congrats !

What do you think of your team's Stadium?

NYE 2k10: Random Thoughts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)