Best and Worst sports predictions made by site members this year

Does he KNOW that you hang out here ? :eek:
Have you been hiding your TRUE self when he's been around !

Just the same, Congrats !

Thank You!

No worries, the only issue I'll have is that I'm eventually going to have to change my user name to SandraM!!!

SandraC

HDMM predicted the the steelers wouldnt make the playoffs, which I promptly made my signature with the title of crazy talk (dosent seem so crazy anymore huh?) Hopefully we can pull of a miracle and get to the playoffs!

HDMM predicted the the steelers wouldnt make the playoffs, which I promptly made my signature with the title of crazy talk (dosent seem so crazy anymore huh?) Hopefully we can pull of a miracle and get to the playoffs!

Mark Schlereth just said on NFL Live that he thinks the Bronco's will MISS the playoffs, that would allow another to get in. :D

May as well be the Steeler's, they've played from the underdogs role in the playoffs before, quite nicely I might say !

Mark Schlereth just said on NFL Live that he thinks the Bronco's will MISS the playoffs, that would allow another to get in. :D

May as well be the Steeler's, they've played from the underdogs role in the playoffs before, quite nicely I might say !

It's such a remote chance, the underdog role is only fun when you control your destiny. There are 3 teams with 6 conference wins, and the Steelers can only get to 6 by winning their last two games and the other three teams all have a cupcake game against KC/OAK/CLE left on their schedule.

The Steelers have a slightly better chance of making the playoffs than the formerly 0-6 Titans. I think the Jets/Dolphins/Jags will take one of the spots occupied right now by the Broncos/Ravens. (I'm rooting for the Titans, hell of a story and that's a team that could do some damage in the playoffs).

In the 2006 Super Bowl run by the Steelers, they were swept by the Ravens. If they complete the sweep this year by beating them on Sunday, that will officially eliminate them and ensure the defending Super Bowl champs not only miss the playoffs, but fail to have a winning record. There season still ends in Miami however (ironicly the host of this years Super Bowl) against a team looking to be an underdog throughout the playoffs trying to clinch the #6 seed.

The way the Steelers have been playing, this is for the best, you really want to make the playoffs and be embarrassed when they fall flat like they have during the regular season?

It's such a remote chance, the underdog role is only fun when you control your destiny. There are 3 teams with 6 conference wins, and the Steelers can only get to 6 by winning their last two games and the other three teams all have a cupcake game against KC/OAK/CLE left on their schedule.

The Steelers have a slightly better chance of making the playoffs than the formerly 0-6 Titans. I think the Jets/Dolphins/Jags will take one of the spots occupied right now by the Broncos/Ravens. (I'm rooting for the Titans, hell of a story and that's a team that could do some damage in the playoffs).

In the 2006 Super Bowl run by the Steelers, they were swept by the Ravens. If they complete the sweep this year by beating them on Sunday, that will officially eliminate them and ensure the defending Super Bowl champs not only miss the playoffs, but fail to have a winning record. There season still ends in Miami however (ironicly the host of this years Super Bowl) against a team looking to be an underdog throughout the playoffs trying to clinch the #6 seed.

The way the Steelers have been playing, this is for the best, you really want to make the playoffs and be embarrassed when they fall flat like they have during the regular season?

In reality, I don't see them getting in anyways.
ANYTHING can happen once you get in.
Chances are if they did get in the would go to INDY first anyways.

This way they will get a higher draft pick, they really need O Line help and Corners.

IF they win the last two, they would have a winning record again !
At this point 8-8 is a possibility, it's not as bad as many others, but well below thier expectations.

Then again, if they had Palomolo and Aaron Smith they would be challenging for the top of the playoffs.

The 6th seed will probably play at Foxboro or Cincinnati before moving on to Indianapolis (assuming they won the first match)

Oh, thats right, Indy would have a Bye ....

Steeler's in that case could win either of them games and I'm sure would love a third shot at Cincy.

I don't usually make many sports predictions, except when I'm pretty sure the Rangers are going to lose.

But I did make one prediction last month that came true. I predicted I was going to get engaged for the holidays...and I did! Last week.

It was soooooooo romantic, I won't bore you guys with the syrupy details...but I loved it. :)

What the heck is this sweetheart of a guy doing with a nutcase like me!?!?!? :D :eek:

Sandra
congrats sandra :up

LMAO.. certain "someone" thought "HIS" team would make the NBA finals.. NOT

I don't usually make many sports predictions, except when I'm pretty sure the Rangers are going to lose.

But I did make one prediction last month that came true. I predicted I was going to get engaged for the holidays...and I did! Last week.

It was soooooooo romantic, I won't bore you guys with the syrupy details...but I loved it. :)

What the heck is this sweetheart of a guy doing with a nutcase like me!?!?!? :D :eek:

Sandra

A question for the ages.:D

Congratulations, you must introduce us some time.;)

One prediction that Wozniak made that is 100% correct:

"I don't think the Lion's have won in Minnesota in MY lifetime, definitely not in THEIR lifetime. Lock of the week."

One prediction that Wozniak made that is 100% correct:

"I don't think the Lion's have won in Minnesota in MY lifetime, definitely not in THEIR lifetime. Lock of the week."

I bet they have won in your lifetime in Minny, unless your very young as in under 16 :D

Just looked it up, it is pretty pathetic, but the Lions beat the Vikings in Minny back in 1997, 14-13.
Before that it was 1993 and they won 30-27.
In 1991 it was 34-14 Lions, compliments of Barry Sanders 116 yards.
34-27 Detroit in 1990.

So it's still very pathetic, 4 wins in 20 years......

Then again this is the team that didn't win on the road in the current decade ..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I bet they have won in your lifetime in Minny, unless your very young as in under 16 :D

Just looked it up, it is pretty pathetic, but the Lions beat the Vikings in Minny back in 1997, 14-13.
Before that it was 1993 and they won 30-27.
In 1991 it was 34-14 Lions, compliments of Barry Sanders 116 yards.
34-27 Detroit in 1990.

So it's still very pathetic, 4 wins in 20 years......

Then again this is the team that didn't win on the road in the current decade ..... :rolleyes:
ALSO:
1995 - A record-breaking offensive explosion paved the way for a 44-38 win over Minnesota. The Lions’ gobbled up 534 yards of total offense and QB Scott Mitchell (30-45 for 410 yards and four TDs) set records for most passing yards in a game and most completions and attempts in a season. And for the first time in club history, three players eclipsed the 100-yard mark in receiving yards -- WR Brett Perriman with 12 receptions for 153 yards and two touchdowns, WR Johnnie Morton with seven catches for 102 yards and a touchdown, and WR Herman Moore with eight grabs for 127 yards and a score.

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/history/thanksgiving-day-in-motor-city.html

Last edited:

What do you think of your team's Stadium?

NYE 2k10: Random Thoughts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)