Best AZBox?

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
I see there are various models and now the elite is discontinued supposedly.

It sounds like the AZBox is the only receiver that can do it all (other than blind scan) and is much better than the Sathawk.

So which model is the best one to get? The Elite? - I am basically just looking to get a receiver that does it all 4:2:0, 4:2:2, SD HD, DVD-S2, *PSK

So which model and is there anything better than the AZBox. (I have a Coolsat 6000 to blind scan)

I have my Elite slaved to a CS 6000 (Coolsat does the scanning and Ku motor control, Toshiba analog IRD does the C-band motor control/polarity) and couldn't be happier with it.

I don't use it for recording/YouTube/coffe-making, etc but have come up against VERY few feeds/signals it wouldn't display.

Don't know that much about the other Az models, but I don't think there's anything else available now in NA, for the money, that compares to the Elite, probably why they seem to be hard to find for sale, used.

I have my Elite slaved to a CS 6000 (Coolsat does the scanning and Ku motor control, Toshiba analog IRD does the C-band motor control/polarity) and couldn't be happier with it.

I don't use it for recording/YouTube/coffe-making, etc but have come up against VERY few feeds/signals it wouldn't display.

Don't know that much about the other Az models, but I don't think there's anything else available now in NA, for the money, that compares to the Elite, probably why they seem to be hard to find for sale, used.

During MLB spring training, there were a few 4:2:2 feeds, SR=13021, that the Elite couldn't display. Something odd going on there. I use my PCI tuners for that sort of situation, but I've never seen an STB to beat the Elite, yet. Maybe someone with faith in the newer , hardware blindscan boxes will be selling their used Elite. Keep your eyes open.
:)

Hang on there Guys, I've read that Rick has gotten through to the Azbox owner and is personally involved in getting fixes done ASAP for the NA market.

Better things to come, we hope, wait a bit before buying one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)