Best BEV US broker?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrew_ballew

Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Could someone please PM me their best recommendation for a BEV US broker? Preferrably one that has the new smart cards?

Thanks!!

Andrew

It won't nessessarily be the broker that gives you the initial smartcard, it will be the dealer who sells you the actual hardware.

exactly

all the broker does is be a "broker" between you and the service (Evu or StarChoice). You have to buy the equipment from someone else :)

Thanks... So, if I buy new equipment, what do I ask for in regards to the smart card to make sure that it is correct for HDTV?

And I still would like to know a good broker if anyone has a recommendation.

Thanks again

Andrew

The 6100 for ExpressVu (think Dish 811) is setup for the new system

I will PM you the broker info

So all I need is a no balance owed 811? What kind of Satellite do I need? I have a Voom! dish on the roof, can I reuse it?

Thanks!!!!

Andrew

I knew this would happen as soon as I said that :rolleyes:

NO a Dish receiver WILL NOT work. The company that makes Dish receivers also makes ExpressVu receivers BUT THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE!! The software is totally different. ExpressVu will not activate a DIsh receiver and vise versa :)

You would need a ExpressVu 6100, which looks like a Dish 811 to get ExpressVu.

The Dish500 dish will work with ExpressVu. It is aimed at 91 (main) and 82 (ethnic and HD)

I bot my BEV 6000 from www.kusat.com three years ago. Great service and bot the SW21 switch from them (small item) when i had to add a second dish pointed at their 82 sat. The forum they sponsor is a great source.
IF you can get an address in Canada you don't need a broker. I had a cousin there and just gave her address. I called BEV on their 416 number (can't call their 800 number from the states) and was up and running. Kusat sent me the box and was deelivered w. no problem
Over the years have had to call BEV two or 3 times - last time was when the card came in. Until the card came - i had never seen an envelope from BEV! Told cousin just to throw everything out. Set up payment to be by U.S. credit card. (That was another call recently cause i had to give them new expiration date on card.) Just make sure you don't tell them you aren't in Canada. If they ask for a phone number, just tell them you don't have a land line and don't want to give out your cel phone. I just tell them my landline won't be installed for a week or so<G>. They don't always ask.
Seems to me Canadians and we "southern" Canadians should get together to exchange addresses. I let some unkown Canadian use my address a few years ago w. the understanding i could/would just throw out all the mail from D*.

...mike

snidely said:
Seems to me Canadians and we "southern" Canadians should get together to exchange addresses. I let some unkown Canadian use my address a few years ago w. the understanding i could/would just throw out all the mail from D*.

...mike

What a great idea. I volunteer.

Anyone need a USA address?

I also need help finding a broker as well. Anyone care to PM me some info. Also how is BEV HD picture quality? Have E* HD and it is great, just not enough content for my liking.

Thanks, Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts