BEST COMEDY MOVIE

Status
Please reply by conversation.
AcWxRadar;2439714 It reminds me of the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts. Those were hilarious! RADAR[/QUOTE said:
I have some of those Dean Martin Celebrity roasts from the 70's on the HTPC and was just watching one the other night. Definitely Classics

You guys have named some good ones, my favorites are Yellowbeard, The Jerk, most Leslie Nielsen movies, too many to list. I love the Austin Powers Movies,

Obviously, there are more comedies than what I list below, but these are the ones that I have recorded to my AZBox HDD so far. I am working on many others as I get the time.

ANIMAL HOUSE
BACK TO SCHOOL
BACK TO THE FUTURE
BLAST FROM THE PAST
BLAZING SADDLES
BREWSTERS MILLIONS
CHRISTMAS VACATION
CROCODILE DUNDEE
DONOVANS REEF
EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE
GONE FISHING
GREAT OUTDOORS
GRUMPIER OLD MEN
GRUMPY OLD MEN
HARVEY
HERBIE (ALL THE HERBIE MOVIES)
HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART 1
ITS A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD
LOVE GOD
MISCHIEF
PLANES TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES
PINK PANTHER MOVIES
ROAD TO BALI
RV
SHORT CIRCUIT
SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUNFIGHTER
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF
THE TERMINAL
TRADING PLACES
UNCLE BUCK
VACATION
WHAT ABOUT BOB
YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN

RADAR

You've got some winners there, Radar! Browsing the list, I see many more that I'd forgotten about! It's always hard to pick a favorite movie (from ANY genre), since there are so many good ones.

I really like the Abbott & Costello movies, but following up close behind would have to be the Don Knotts older movies like The Ghost and Mr.Chicken but not The Apple Dumpling Gang.

Last edited:
I really like the Abbott & Costello movies, but following up close behind would have to be the Don Knotts older movies like The Ghost and Mr.Chicken but not The Apple Dumpling Gang.

Oh, you know it Larry! I have (somewhere) a collection of Don Knotts older flicks. One of them is on my list above (Love God). The Ghost and Mr. Chicken and The Shakiest Gun in the West are supposed to be in this multi-disc set that I have, but I cannot find those discs! I don't know where I put them! I must have loaned them out and forgot. These are classics!

Oh, and I LOVE Abbott and Costello! I grew up on their films! [No, I am not that old, I just watched their movies and reruns of their TV shows]. :)

RADAR

You've got some winners there, Radar!

I hope to have more recorded onto my HDD over the next year. This takes time.

Browsing the list, I see many more that I'd forgotten about!

This is just the idea that I had in mind when I posted the BEST WESTERN and now this one THE BEST COMEDY threads. It is really great to discuss this as we are spurred to remember movies we forgot and we get exposure to other movies that we may have missed! Then we can try to locate and order/record them to fill up our movie library. I am already finding many new "OLD" movies to research and watch.

It's always hard to pick a favorite movie (from ANY genre), since there are so many good ones.

Certainly. And, your tastes change a bit over time - even your mood at the immediate time will affect your choice. However, I am able to identify my best/most favorite COMEDY and WESTERN film. (Blazing Saddles and The Cowboys). I don't know what I would select for my favorite film from the other genres. The dividing lines for ACTION/ADVENTURE/DRAMA and other genres start to become more difficult to define and judge. Way too many movies can be lumped into multiple groupings. Westerns, War, Comedies and SciFi's are the simplest to categorize. Beyond these categories, the boundaries become a little "hazy". Many movies could be considered to be any one of three or more genres:

Action
Adventure
Animation
Biography
Comedy
Crime
Documentary
Drama
Family
Fantasy
Film-Noir
History
Horror
Independent
Music
Musical
Mystery
Romance
Sci-Fi
Short
Sport
Thriller
TV mini-series
War
Western

The above is the genres that IMDB lists. I would condense this list to:

ACTION/ADVENTURE

ANIMATION/CARTOON/KIDS

BIOGRAPHY/DOCUMENTARY/HISTORY

COMEDY

CRIME/MYSTERY/SUSPENSE [THRILLER?]

HORROR/SCI-FI [THRILLER?]

DRAMA/FAMILY/ROMANCE

MUSIC/MUSICAL/CONCERT

SPORTS

WAR

WESTERN

Still a lot of categories to wade through, but a few less than IMDB lists

RADAR

Last edited:
Don Knotts was great. The Incredible Mr. Limpet, The Reluctant Astronaut and How to Frame A Figg. I watched those movies many many times on Saturday afternoon tv in the late 70's early 80's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)