BEST COMEDY MOVIE

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Idiocracy. It surprises me that every day I see something from that movie reflected in real life.

And lets give the Brits a nod with Shaun of the Dead.

Edit...
Oh Crap! I forgot Talladega Nights.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to "Who's on First?". That has got to be one of the greatest comedy skits of all time!

As for comedy movies, the one that comes to mind for me is Monty Python's Meaning of Life, especially the lesson John Cleese gives in the boarding school.

rogerduncan100

Thanks for the link to "Who's on First?". That has got to be one of the greatest comedy skits of all time!

As for comedy movies, the one that comes to mind for me is Monty Python's Meaning of Life, especially the lesson John Cleese gives in the boarding school.

rogerduncan100

Roger,

You're welcome! I love it, too. It is the epitomy of comedy! It is so simple, but so doggone hilarious. You cannot watch that skit without busting into laughter, or maybe tears! The best thing about it, for me, is that it is clean and wholesome, no dirty words, no inuendos about sex, it is just pure "funny". That is why I like it so much. They were "creative" and that was comedy, they didn't need to use "shock and awe". If you can be that funny without the gimmick of "shock" then it has to be really good.

RADAR

The Front Page, 1976. Walter Matheau, Jack Lemmon, Harold Gould, Carol Burntte, Austin Pendelton, Vincent Gardino among others has always been high on my list.

Diamond Jim.

Thanks! I looked up "The Front Page" on IMDB and then I went over to my NetFlix account and put it into my Que and moved it to the TOP of the list! I didn't recall the movie, so it will be a treat for me! So cool!

RADAR

PS You got the year off, it was actually a 74 release. That's even better for me (the older the better).

Around this same time / Era (a little crude but... ;) ) If You Don't Stop, You'll Go Blind
Can I do it till I need Glasses
(haven't thought about these movies in years...)

I dont watch movies :)
Can find better use of my time :p

LOL! Ice, don't go blind! Watch the movies instead! :)

LOL!!!! I could not resist that opportunity for the comment. It reminds me of the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts. Those were hilarious!

RADAR

Radar, how about "The Party" with Peter Sellers, and a bunch of his Pink Panther re makes in the 70's and 80's ie Inspector Clousu of the Sourti? The hand to hand combat scenes he had with Cato were classics.

Radar, how about "The Party" with Peter Sellers, and a bunch of his Pink Panther re makes in the 70's and 80's ie Inspector Clousu of the Sourti? The hand to hand combat scenes he had with Cato were classics.

Those "Pink Panther" series of movies were really awesome. I enjoyed them very immensely, goodness, what a hoot! I really remember the one where the Inspector put on a fake nose and went under a disguise as a dentist, with laughing gas and his nose started dripping/melting/drooping. Now that was what I deemed hilarious, especially since the actors were both laughing as well.

RADAR

Those "Pink Panther" series of movies were really awesome. I enjoyed them very immensely, goodness, what a hoot! I really remember the one where the Inspector put on a fake nose and went under a disguise as a dentist, with laughing gas and his nose started dripping/melting/drooping. Now that was what I deemed hilarious, especially since the actors were both laughing as well.

RADAR

Yes, and the one where he was disguised as a Telephone Repairman and he accidently glued his bum to the chair! Great stuff. I Wonder why we never see these set of Movies on TV anymore?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)