Best Current Offer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stm144

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
I am going to switch to DirecTV. My question is, what is the best current stackable offer.

As I said in a previous thread, this is the setup I want to achieve:
Choice Ultimate
Home Media Center HD DVR
2 HD Receivers
Whole Home DVR
New Satelite Dish
Free HD
Whole Home DVR

If I use the AAA discount and the Refer A Friend discount, I figure I am looking at (including lease fees)

Months 1-10:
41.99 plus tax and service fees

Months 11-12:

Months 13-20:

Months 21-24:

Are there any other offers I can stack?

Thanks for helping!

Call them. Tell them what you want and what you can you can afford. Mention the AAA and Refer a Friend and see what they can work out for you.

AAA discount and refer a friend discount are not combinable. Tried 3 times .
As per the 2nd rep who did have a clue ...system let them do this last summer it is now locked out.
FWIW ;-]

As per the 2nd rep who did have a clue ...system let them do this last summer it is now locked out.
FWIW ;-]

my cousin did both discounts just this past week. Just make sure that you don't get the south FL call center when trying

FWIW ;-]

my cousin did both discounts just this past week. Just make sure that you don't get the south FL call center when trying

Yep, my sister combined these two a well least week. Everything needs to be set up via the special AAA ordering hotline then you need to call the special refer a friend hotline after your order is entered but prior to your installation date. Tell them you forgot to add the referral on your original order and they will hook you up. Need to be calling the specific numbers and need to call prior to your installation date.

So I don't currently have AAA but I was considering getting a 1 year policy so that I can get the Directv discount. it would cost me $50 for the 1 year membership and I would save $200. I just hope that I don't call up and get the you can't combine these offers...

If you have to process rebates prior to installation to get promo rates your best bet is to do so just prior to tech starting installation. If he shows up and his work order doesn't reflect exactly what you ordered then it is much easier to get w. order changed prior to processing rebates than after the fact. Make sure it is correct-get on line and process rebates. They recommend rebates be processed prior to install-which in reality means right up until he closes his w/o. May keep you from having to starting ordering process over again from scratch. No sense in spending another 1 1/2 hrs on the phone. Puts you and the tech between a rock and a hard place.

Sure......during ordering process to get promo rates you often are told you have to process a rebate to get monthly discounts for 1st and 2nd year. If you don't do so prior to install rebates will still apply but may not kick in until your 3rd bill. You still get discounts for length of time promised, they just start late. Have been to a customer's install, discovered their w order wasn't correct and they had processed their rebate a day or so before install was scheduled. Works out fine if w order is right but can be a PIA if not. Prior to install is right up to the last of work being completed and job closed. If w order has to be modified and rebates have not been processed, the tech can usually do so in a snap. Have had CSR tell me "customer has processed their rebate-so to change order at this point will neccessitate canceling this order and starting over. Just a safeguard against additional non-fun time on the phone w/D*.

Odds of D* allowing a self install are somewhere between slim and none.

No self install.

Stack referral and AAA can be done, may take several calls and a cooperating CSR.

Highly doubt you can get anything better that those two together getting $300 off.

0 for 4 so far. Can't stack the referral and the AAA discount.
Darn.
Installer to show up this afternoon ...so I'm giving up.

0 for 4 so far. Can't stack the referral and the AAA discount.
Darn.
Installer to show up this afternoon ...so I'm giving up.

It can be done just make sure that when you start the call you are not talking to the south FL call center

As in Hi are you in Florida ? oh ok bye.
?
1-800-507-4045 is what i have on the web page that mentions the referral offer.
?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)