Best deal for HD DVR upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dkutz

Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Any recommendations on how to score the best deal on HD upgrade? I just got a SD DVR like 6 months ago , and now bought a HDTV that I need to get programming for.

Just upgraded in April, so if I wait until april will i get a better deal on a new receiver? What happens with a lease upgrade? I am so cheap I will wait if it saves me some Cash...

having said that I online chatted with a rep on DN today, and he said they would give me the 622 for $50 including install, and it would cost me another $10 for programming. Good deal? Should I pull the trigger or wait?

Any suggestions? I wish I were a new customer, they always get the best deals.

And what revceiver do you recommend? for two rooms one HD one SD DVR 622 or 722??

622's have had a history of flaws.

Not really, I have two (the first the second week they became available) and have had less problems than any other receiver I've ever had with Dish. List of my previous receivers 7100's (2 with intermittent problems) 501 (replaced 3 times), 6000 and 921 (plenly of problems through 3 years). The 622's have been the most stable.

$50 installed is a very good deal. $50 is the normal installation charge and unless you already have a 1000.2 dish, you'll get that dish installed or a wing dish added to what ever setup you currently have. I'm sure you'll likely enter a new 24-month commitment period. I like the 722 a bit better than the 622, but it's a bit more in cost.

I would recommend going with the 722. They just dont seem to have the failure rate 622's do IMO. Plus more recording time.

The extra recording time is why I'd go with the 722, and I have a 622 (no problems since Feb. 2006) and a 722. You'll most likely have to pay more for one though.

With either one you can use your current SD TV as TV2 if you want, and have no additional receiver costs--unless since that receiver's so new you have to keep it also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)