Best deal for movers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jca

Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
Finally about to move -- before I call up DirecTV's Movers Connection, I was wondering if there was anything I should know/say to the CSR about getting a good deal for my move?

Basically, I have 2 first gen DirecTivos, and want to add 2 next gen DVRs plus installation of a new oval dish (along with 8 lines for the 4 DVRs) at my new address.

What can I expect to (or should) pay for this?

Appreciate any help/advice/info,

-jca

i saw an advertisment today that said movers connection is now free. You should expect to pay for the new equipment (DVRs and multiswitch), not sure of the current prices or what they will end up charging u.

shappyss said:
i saw an advertisment today that said movers connection is now free. You should expect to pay for the new equipment (DVRs and multiswitch), not sure of the current prices or what they will end up charging u.

I would expect to have to pay for the new receivers but the multiswitch would be included with an install. can always call retention and see what they can do for you.

Movers versus Rentention

Well, I just got off the phone with DirecTV. Movers Connection switched me over pretty quickly to the Retention department when I asked about getting new DirecTivos.

Basically, Retention offered me free installation, free dish/switch, and 2 free new DirecTivos with $20 off programming for 6 months at my new address. If I wanted to replace my 2 old DirecTivos it would cost $99 each plus $14.95 shipping.

Is this in line with other offers people get from DirecTV's Retention department?

-jca

They never offered us that sweet of a deal and my girlfriend and her sister had all sorts of issues getting someone to actually show up and do the install. They wanted to show up at midnight once to do the install. REDICULOUS!!! After how rude they were and having my girlfriend's sister in tears TWICE on the phone after how rude they were they still only offered one free Tivo and 3 months free HBO and Showtime. This DEFINITELY does not make up for 6 or so missed appointments and all the grief. If they would not have showed up this last time DirecTv would have been cancelled even though she was still under the one year contract. A lawyer would have been contacted to fight the charges since we could not get service. To top it off they activate the replacement card for a receiver off of another account we were going to activate in the wrong receiver and have to wait for another new card. This is so pathetic. This person would have went to Dish Network if they would have missed this last appointment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.