Best DiSEqC switch for more than 4 Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm planning to add more Satellite before Winter hits hard. My 4x1 DiSEqC is at its peak.

Is the EMP Centauri 8x1 what I should be using? Or this is just 2-in-1 4x1 and each 4x1 works independently?
http://www.universalsats.com/images/EMP 8X1.jpg

It depends whether your receiver can handle an 8x1 switch. Personally, I recommend the EMP Centauri 8x1, while others will recommend the Digiwave 8x1. It is the receiver that will really determine which switch you can use. Depending on how many extra satellites/LNBs you intend to add, you can expand to 8 satellites on a 4x1 by adding 22 KHz switches (if you haven't done so already). Of course, for me, that wasn't enough!

get yourself an ecoda 22khz switch....brand name must be ecoda because these switches pass diseqc commands through them....from the receiver go directly into the ecoda....2 cables out of the ecoda can go to 2 seperate diseqc switches....this is a cheap solution that gives you the ability to hookup 8 lnbs....

Thanks for replying.

I have Openbox S9. Under the Satellite Setup menu I see DiSEqC 1.0 and DiSEqC 1.1 and 22KHz switch.

My current DiSEqC is EMP Centauri DiSEqC 2.0 4x1. It seems that Openbox S9 does not support DiSEqC 2.0?

The EMP 8x1 is for $40. The EMP 4x1 is for $10 and the Encode is for $6. That's much cheaper :)

Your Emp Diseqc 2.0 switch can also act as a 1.0 switch, so don't worry about that. 2 diseqc 1.0 switches and an Ecoda 22 khz switch can handle 8 standard linear lnbfs . If you use any universal lnbf's you can't use the 22khz switch. :)

Your Emp Diseqc 2.0 switch can also act as a 1.0 switch, so don't worry about that. 2 diseqc 1.0 switches and an Ecoda 22 khz switch can handle 8 standard linear lnbfs . If you use any universal lnbf's you can't use the 22khz switch. :)

Brent,

Actually it is possible to use a universal lnb (with internal 22k switching) down line from a Ecoda 22k switch if you locate it on the "22k on" port and you don't require the low band of the lnb. Ecoda is one the few switches that will pass on all switching down line including 22k.
A better design of a switch array is to cascade in this order. 1.0 switch first, 1.1 switches next, and 22k devices at the ends of the branches. Less conflict this way.

Brent,

Actually it is possible to use a universal lnb (with internal 22k switching) down line from a Ecoda 22k switch if you locate it on the "22k on" port and you don't require the low band of the lnb. Ecoda is one the few switches that will pass on all switching down line including 22k.
A better design of a switch array is to cascade in this order. 1.0 switch first, 1.1 switches next, and 22k devices at the ends of the branches. Less conflict this way.
Thanks, Jim, I didn't know that .
I've avoided a 22khz switch when I'm using my 4 port Uni Lnbf. Now , I can give it a try when I get a chance. :)

In our Switch FAQ, we have two 4x1 diseqc switches going into an Ecoda 22khz switch.
It's well documented as to the few restrictions.
The parts are available inexpensively. I've found all 3 for $10.

If your receiver supports the 8x1 switches, then I'd suggest the
See the Equipment Review department.
Especially the Digiwave review by Iceberg. ($15-20?)
See also the review of the DMSI by Linuxman (don't want that switch).

If you need further expansion, you should be able to select two 8x1's with an ecoda 22khz.
But the better option (if your receiver supports it) is to cascade 4x1's on the inputs to the 8x1 for more LNBs.

Didn't we have this discussion just a few days ago..??
I should've saved myself the trouble and found that recent thread. :)

It'll be 2 dishes with 3 LNBs on each. That's a max of 6 LNBs total. 5 Standard and 1 Universal. I better do it with 2 DiSEqC and 1 Ecoda 22KHz switches with the Universal on the 22KHz On (Thanks Pixl).

Anole, thanks for the links. A picture is worth 1000 words. I did not notice a post previously. A refreshment is always good :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)