Lost all signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

blksabth

Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Greetings,
I had a fta system set up a few years back which was a pansat 2700a and a 76cm dish with a sg2100 motor. I was busy with renovating my house,etc so I just put the reciever in my closet. The other day I decided to set it back up so I hooked everything back up. I got my Southern sat locked in and scaned for channels, they loaded and everythig seemed ok but than I lost all signal. No matter what I di no luck. I even hooked up a sat finder and the needle doesn't move no matter where I point the dish. I took an old dishnet out of my shed that used to be on house,took off the lnb and just set it on top of my lnb,used the reciever to move dish to an Echo sat and get great signal so I don't think its the reciever. Could the lnb have gone bad? Is there any way of testing it?
Any input would be greatful, thanks,Ken

Change out the LNB see if you can get signal or you have bad cable run.

Connect the lnb directly to the receiver with a short jumper. The signal meter should show a different reading than when no lnb is connected. My 3500 does, with a good lnb. (connect - disconnect with the STB box main power OFF- ONLY) [I've wasted switches and lnbf's, during brain lock, with the power on]
Go over you wiring - check for corroded connectors. Cut back any that show corrosion a few inches to get rid of corrosion that migrated into the coax. When reattaching connections, make sure they are snug. A loose connection can and will waste lnbf's and switches, Ask me, been there- dun that. :facepalm
Take the coax off the lnbf and screw on the dishnet lnb - it can just hang there to show signal level.

Yeah the first thing I seemed to have done wrong is I never turned power off on bo:mad:oops), maybe that smoked lnb....I did change out wire running to dish but after the fact. What makes me think the lnb is bad is when I screw the coax on the old Dishnet lnb I get a strong signal(around 80%) when pointed at a Echo or Dirtv sat, but pic is understandably black. All the channels have a doller sign in front meening their pay channels.

Lnb's can be taken out by lightning as well.
I lost 2 duels one day when lightning struck near by.
Having the system(s) turned off at switch or unplugged might have saved them.
.Also lost a tv in that episode.

OK, so I got a new lnb and put it on. The level stays around 80. The signal is zero, even though my sat finder is screaming and pegged at 10. I don't get it. :-(

And you're watching a known active transponder? Which one? Double check the receiver settings. Maybe you're not aimed at the satellite you think you are. Do a blind scan to confirm.

I got it to work finally when I aimed it at 97w. One or two sats next to it come in but nothing else works. The set up is level, I checked it several times, I'll work on it tomarrow. Maybe hurricane Irene did something(I live in NJ)....

(me thinks)Hurricane + dish = re-align. Check the whole system over. Things could have deteriorated while it was not in use. Winter is on its way, and I don't like putting on connectors when it snowin' an' blowin'.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts