Best dish for Galaxy 19 from Central Florida area?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

user786

Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
CENTRAL FLORDIA, USA
Hi all this site is awesome!

I have done a lot of reading and research on the site and I have found that I am in a VERY strong signal area in Central Florida for Galaxy 19. This is really the only satellite I am interested in but hey I may explore more once I get started. I already have a nice FTA receiver, lots of high quality coax on a spool, clear view of the sky and all I need is a good dish and a linear LNB to get started.

Based on research on this site everyone seems to think the Winegard DS-2076 is the best bet. I might go that route but I just saw this package and was thinking of going with it instead. Any downsides you can think of me getting this dish and LNB to start out with? I just want to keep the price down for my first dish. I can easily resell it later on to my family members or something and upgrade if needed is my thoughts.

The dish I saw is a Dreamstar 36inch dish which is made of galvanized steel and comes with a Dreamstar dual linear LNB which says 0.3db noise for $69.99

What is your advice?
Here is the link.
36" Dish with FTA Dual LNB - Incredible FTA

If this is complete junk, then exactly what do you recommend for a low price / medium quality dish and LNB?

Thanks

I wonder if the price difference will be worth it Gary. I am getting the one I mentioned for a total of $69.99 including the 36" Dreamstar dish and Dreamstar LNB and FREE shipping. Your deal, while it looks good, will end up being about $95. That's an extra $25 which I am not sure if it is worth it or not. Any thoughts?

I highly recommend this dish on eBay. It is from one of the Gold Sponsors here and they are a very reliable place to order from... I bought one from them and I am very happy with it.

36" / 90cm FTA Satellite Dish with Free Linear .4 LNBF - eBay (item 140411518459 end time Jun-06-10 17:11:20 PDT)

Website does not show free shipping except on recievers and orders over $199.

I am LEARY about buying from unproven sellers. The ebay listing from SatelliteAV is top of the line as far as I am concerned. Brian is on the site here most every day and HE stands in front of his products (OH, that was a brake commercial!) he has the best customer service reputation. I would hesitate to BUY equipment from anyone else.
I would take free, elsewhere, but free has a money back guarentee, too!

I will vouch for the wind handling of SatelliteAV dish also, which is important in the Columbia River Gorge, and probably in Florida, also.

Website does not show free shipping except on recievers and orders over $199.

I am LEARY about buying from unproven sellers. The ebay listing from SatelliteAV is top of the line as far as I am concerned. Brian is on the site here most every day and HE stands in front of his products (OH, that was a brake commercial!) he has the best customer service reputation. I would hesitate to BUY equipment from anyone else.
I would take free, elsewhere, but free has a money back guarentee, too!

I will vouch for the wind handling of SatelliteAV dish also, which is important in the Columbia River Gorge, and probably in Florida, also.

Amen to that! Brian's products and service are top notch... I want to order 2 of the GEOSATpro SL2 Bullet dual LNBF's in a few weeks when I have a little extra money to feed 2 receivers for Glorystar.

Heh I wish I was looking for programming on g19, there are soo many channels...but like, 2 of them are in english

Heh I wish I was looking for programming on g19, there are soo many channels...but like, 2 of them are in english

Hmmmm. I do not know what part of G19 you are looking at. I did a blind scan (Coolsat) yesterday on KU and I had around 40 or more that were english. I think there were 22 on the Glorystar listing include the 3 news, so only 18 of those were religeous. There may have been even more english, as there were over 200 in the total scan. I just deleated the ones I could not understand, moved around the ones I wanted, then deleted some of the ones that I did not have immediate intrest in.

Still quite a bunch.

ah yeah I was exaggerating...I was talking about Russia Today and Al Jazeera English...can't say I've been through the rest of em. The Jesus channels that are all over FTA are amusing sometimes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts