Best DTV Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

guppy1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Texas
What is the best HD DTV receiver. I dont need dvr. What is a fair price to pay for it off craigslist. I found a guy that has a bunch of receivers for sale. I think I understand that all DTV equipment belongs to dtv not like the old days, what kind of problems will i have, what do I need to watchout for?

A receiver with a slave box (with NO rental fee) would be great too. any info on the slave boxes would be appreciated as well.

Last edited:
My $0.02.

Steer clear of anything on Craigslist or eBay. Buy only from authorized resellers and you'll be far better off. Call DTV and see what they can do for you.

In the DirecTV world, there is no such thing as slave boxes. The closest they have is using an HD receiver, the H2x series, with an HD DVR, the HR2x series.

I have bought one off craigslist before for $25, it worked out ok even though dtv says they own it. I guess they will want it back whenever I decide to terminate. Dtv wants $100 and then they still own it, that is just wrong.

What kind of receiver do you want, HD or SD? If HD non DVR, then the H25 (very small form factor) or the HR24. For SD I believe that the most current is the D12.

I have bought one off craigslist before for $25, it worked out ok even though dtv says they own it. I guess they will want it back whenever I decide to terminate. Dtv wants $100 and then they still own it, that is just wrong.

If you get it from Craigslist you still don't OWN it.

Why would you WANT to own it, technology is changing way to fast for that.

You still need to pay the mirror/addl recvr fee on each recvr over the 1st one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts