Best Eastern Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gopher2

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 15, 2005
Ok so i moved into a condo and it sucks
I only have a eastern view of the sky nothing west of 83 deg. is viewable
Anyone have idea whats the most active sat over here?
I have a FTA reciever w/ 1.2m ku dish
thanks

For feeds you could do worse than SBS6 at 74ºw

But I would vote for Amazonas @ 61ºw

SBS6 for sports feeds...otherwise Amazonas (as mentioned) or Hispasat 1C/1D on 30W (If you are into Spanish)

Speaking of Amazonas....whats on there that everyone likes so much? I could never get that one either cause of my neighbor's tree. I need a chainsaw. :mad:

Black Belt TV (really old kung fu movies) and the Tivo guy. Easiest way to explain it is somebody's tivo is uplinked so the channel changes all the time :)
you never know what you'll see

Iceberg said:
Black Belt TV (really old kung fu movies) and the Tivo guy. Easiest way to explain it is somebody's tivo is uplinked so the channel changes all the time :)
you never know what you'll see

The Tivo guy? What frequency? And when is he on?

He's on the same TP as the others

we call it the tivo guy because someone mentioned the on screen one time was a tivo type screen. All I know is the channels change on occasion :)

It used to be...I'm sure Sadoun can attest to the UonTV uplink they used to run their commercial on. Those were the days...

Sheesh, it wasn't that long ago.

Gopher 2 Where are You ?

It would be nice to know where your at, East coast, West Coast ?

My Mom definitely likes Hispasat @ 30 W.
But most of programming is in Spanish or Muslim.
Though I highly recommend that anyone take a look at the Cuba Mux especially at night and on weekends, they play good movies, most of the time in English but with spanish subs so you'll have to tolerate the inconvenience.

Speak Italian Pas 3R @43 W. has several channels from Italy.

T12 looks interesting, one day I will try my luck, elevation is very low in the sky for me.

im near detroit @ 83 deg and have a nice view from everything due south to the very east.
I think i will try hispasat at 30 deg. hopefully some of those 'americas' spot beams are hitting up here. i seem to remeber picking up a brazillian channel, not sure if its still there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)