best guess when skyangel sat will end.

drfreeman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 17, 2004
When i look at the sky angel website, the section that tells you
what specials are going to be on,
it seems to stop after september........
does this mean anything???????
yes i think!
what do you think???

how will we little folks know when that happens....
do they have to make it public,as soon as it happens?

Sky angel has not shared anything with its subscribers at all. Unless you happen to live in Naples and read the newspaper.......... that is a real lousy way to learn you are losing your TV service anyway!

How can we find out when/if the FCC gives its approval? if they end up not getting it, sky angel will be in worse shape than before as customers have already "jumped ship"

I don't see why the feds wouldn't approve it. It's in the public's best interests to keep the transponders going and that's all the FCC really cares about.

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]From URL: http://www.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2007/db0615/DOC-274233A1.pdf.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-2]Google is neither affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content.[/SIZE] [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]These search terms have been highlighted: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]dominion [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]video [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]satellite [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]license [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=arial,sans-serif]Page 1[/FONT] PUBLIC NOTICE
FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
445 12th STREET S.W.
WASHINGTON D.C. 20554
News media information 202-418-0500
Fax-On-Demand 202-418-2830; Internet: Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page (or ftp.fcc.gov)
TTY (202) 418-2555
Friday June 15, 2007
SAT-00452
Report No.
Satellite Space Applications Accepted for Filing
POLICY BRANCH INFORMATION
The applications listed below have been found, upon initial review, to be acceptable for filing. The Commission
reserves the right to return any of the applications if, upon further examination, it is determined the application is not in
conformance with the Commission's rules or its policies. Consideration of each satellite application in this Public
Notice may depend on the Commission's action on another satellite application earlier in the queue. Petitions,
oppositions and other pleadings filed in response to this notice should conform to Section 25.154 of the Commission's
rules, unless otherwise noted. 47 C.F.R. § 25.154.
For more information concerning this Notice, contact the Satellite Division at 202-418-0719; TTY 202-418-2555.
DBS8108
SAT-ASG-20070608-00081
E
TO:
Dominion Video Satellite, Inc.
Current Licensee:
EchoStar Satellite Operating Corporation
Dominion Video Satellite, Inc.
Assignment
06/08/2007 16:12:11:58300
Date Filed:
EchoStar Satellite Operating Corporation
Dominion Video Satellite, Inc. (Dominion) requests the Commission's consent to the assignment of its license of 8 channels (25 thru 32) for
Direct Broadcast Satellite service, at 61.5º W.L orbital location, to EchoStar Satellite Operating Corporation (EchoStar).
Page 1 of 1

That is an FCC Public Notice. But how many SA* subs are even on the Internet regularly, or would think to visit the FCC for SA* news?

That is an FCC Public Notice. But how many SA* subs are even on the Internet regularly, or would think to visit the FCC for SA* news?
Very, very minor percentage. Yet, this is apparently the forum for posting comment opposing the transaction. It's a bit like living in MD and posting your divorce notice in a FL newspaper!

How about closest winner gets a glorystar system? guy who won the last one could choose in case of tie :)

winner gets a Glorystar system ? Winner of last system could choose in case of a tie :)

I received a letter from Sky Angel over the weekend informing me that my annual sub will soon expire. They offered to put me on month to month for $12.50/month. Did anyone else receive this letter?

let me be the first to say it will end jan 1st 2008!!!!
you may send the glory star to......................................

I received a letter from Sky Angel over the weekend informing me that my annual sub will soon expire. They offered to put me on month to month for $12.50/month. Did anyone else receive this letter?
I received the letter also on July 24 stating that I could save $2.49 a month if I sent the money within the next 30 days. There was no mention of Sky Angel switching to IPTV or even a hint of their satellite service ending!

My guess is "the same day they disconnect the customer support phone number and fire all the staff"

I guess the day that FCC finally approves SA* the ability to transfer the licenses completely to E* .... once that happens they will pull the plug within days if not hours in my opinion.. they seem to want out as quick as possible.

It's strange their keeping IPTV so hush hush to their active DBS Base.. You would think they would want to try everything they can to convert (upsell) the current DBS folks on the IPTV platform some how.. Those that "wake up" and find their SA* gone will likely not go IPTV ... at least that's what I forsee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts