Best Internet Phone (VoIP) Services?

What are the monthly rates for Ooma? I can only find the rates for their Premier plan. Do they have a less expensive plan? I do not need all of those Premier features.

+1 on Voicepulse, they are great. I have phonepower now since Voicepulse didn't have #'s when I moved. I Did the 2 years for $199 promotion, unlimited local & Long Distance. Service has been great! You can block calls with both Voicepulse and Phonepower, I don't think Vonage has this option.

Ooma has no monthly rate unless you think you need the Premier service. For me with a wife and teenage son the basic is perfect. You can check your voicemail on the website if you want to when you're out of town. Shop around for the hardware...I picked mine up onsale at jr.com over 18 months ago and I believe it was 140.00. I am completely satisfied with the service.

Can I plug the Ooma or Nettalk device into a wall port instead of directly into a phone to power all of the wall jacks in the house?

Got her working. The Ooma is plugged into one of my wall jacks and every phone in the house is power up.

Say good bye to a phone bill.

I can make calls, but I cannot receive them. When I call Ooma, the phone does not ring and it goes directly to voice mail. Anyone know why?

OK. That was simple. I forgot to do the final step. Even though I already set up my voice mail message and all, I still had to press the play button. Once I did that, now I can receive calls.

Glad you got it working and you like it! For me, it was a no-brainer. I had Verizon service previously. I had unlimited long distance, caller ID and voice mail...nothing fancy. My bill was $72/month. I just re-upped my premier membership for another year. And like I said, when I travel overseas, I take it with me.

I was able to place the Ooma behind the router instead of between the router and modem, like they direct. The Ooma was slowing down my network too much, particularly my PS3. Now that it is behind the router I get no disruption on my network, I am still able to make and receive calls, and it still connects to their website.

Question...

With the Ooma basic plan, only the numbers listed in your contacts are displayed on the caller ID, correct? Or does it still display the number of anyone calling, just the name is not included (similar to a cell phone)?

Question...

With the Ooma basic plan, only the numbers listed in your contacts are displayed on the caller ID, correct? Or does it still display the number of anyone calling, just the name is not included (similar to a cell phone)?

That's the first I have heard of that. Of course, Ive always has Premier, so i would have never noticed that. That's kind of crappy though.

I do REALLY like the Address Book feature, because it does change what appears on the Caller ID. Its great for when it just says "Wireless Caller" or "800 Service" ...you can now assign it a name. I added my fiance's mother's phone to the Address Book as "It's your Mother!", since that's what I always say when she calls. My fiance doesnt think its very funny, but she has no clue how to change it.

Thanks. I was correct. With the basic you only get the caller ID with number and the names in your address book (just like a cell phone). With Premier you get the name and number even if they are not in your address book.

Doesn't matter too me as I only answer the calls from those in my address book and most telemarketers usually show up as unavailable anyway

That's the first I have heard of that. Of course, Ive always has Premier, so i would have never noticed that. That's kind of crappy though.

I do REALLY like the Address Book feature, because it does change what appears on the Caller ID. Its great for when it just says "Wireless Caller" or "800 Service" ...you can now assign it a name. I added my fiance's mother's phone to the Address Book as "It's your Mother!", since that's what I always say when she calls. My fiance doesnt think its very funny, but she has no clue how to change it.
I get the Premier free for 2 months. I am not going to subscribe after my trial period ends. Those extra features I will not be using anyway.

I use Vonage have been with them for over a year. I was able to get the pice down to $12.50+ taxes for the next 12 months. This includes local and long distance and calls to the UK, Ireland, France and Spain.
I have Lingo, it is 21.95 a month and includes all USA, Mexico, Canada and about 80 other countries. With tax its about $28.00. That is cheap compared to Vonage, Comcast and others. I have had it for 4 years and have had absolutely no problems.
It is.:confused:
Let me know how cause thats what I'm paying, on my second year for that price.

I have had ViaTalk for years at under $14/mo for unlimited service (including any fees) with all the bells and whistles; never an issue

opennid3.jpg

It is important to unplug the the gray jumpers in the phone nid to prevent back feeding and interference.

Got her working. The Ooma is plugged into one of my wall jacks and every phone in the house is power up.

Say good bye to a phone bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)