iOS 4.3.2 JB Released Today

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Not working on my 3GS. Keeps trying to exploit with Limera1n for some reason and stops right there

Lost my old JB. Fortunately I still have the 4.3.1 OS on another PC so tomorrow I will replace it with the older version and rejailbreak

JB will not take at all at home. Does take at work but since my work is on a smart filter it cannot complete the last part. Had to restore the phone as it was stuck in recovery mode.

Why does it work with other ISPs but not with mine?

I would recommend the steps I followed with 4.3.1 but you are running a MAC OS if i remember correctly.

Nope. Use PCs, always have and always will. I am a PC guy all of the way. Nothing against MAC OS, just prefer Windows OS and using my own built PCs

Running in XP mode does not seem to help

The issue at work is the server blocking access and requiring passwords to access any outside source. The problem at home is unknown. It works anywhere else I try except at home. I can take my same laptop to Starbucks and do the same thing and it will work. At home on my internet on the same laptop it will not work.

Last edited:
Was able to get the JB and restore at work but unable to get service since iTunes cannot connect through our server

More to it than just Compatibilty mode

Nope. Use PCs, always have and always will. I am a PC guy all of the way. Nothing against MAC OS, just prefer Windows OS and using my own built PCs

Running in XP mode does not seem to help

The issue at work is the server blocking access and requiring passwords to access any outside source. The problem at home is unknown. It works anywhere else I try except at home. I can take my same laptop to Starbucks and do the same thing and it will work. At home on my internet on the same laptop it will not work.

I am not sure if some are having the same pronelm with version 13 of Redsn0w that they had with versions 9-11. But what I wound up doing to avoid lockups was to 1. Set the affinity. 2. Run as admin and 3. Run in compatibility mode for XP with SP2.

I had tried just compatibility mode and just as admin but neither method worked I needed to do all 3. I don't know if that will work in this case but it might be worth a shot.

I got the JB working I just have no carrier service as iTunes was unable to confirm my phone due to my work's smart filter blocking access to iTunes. I downloaded everything at home this morning on my laptop and did the jailbreak at work on the same laptop. I will have to restore my phone and start over when I get home. I will probably just drive to Starbucks and do it there as I cannot do the final JB step at home through my ISP for some reason

I am not sure if some are having the same pronelm with version 13 of Redsn0w that they had with versions 9-11. But what I wound up doing to avoid lockups was to 1. Set the affinity. 2. Run as admin and 3. Run in compatibility mode for XP with SP2.

I had tried just compatibility mode and just as admin but neither method worked I needed to do all 3. I don't know if that will work in this case but it might be worth a shot.
I think it is just an issue with either my home ISP or my home modem and/or router as it works on the same computers hooked up to other internet services

Had to restore my phone to get 3G service. JB again with the same computer at home and doesnt work. Used the same computer to steal a neighbors WiFi to do it and it worked. There is something with my ISP or modem. It is not the router because bypassing it doesnt work either

In my case I had to go through the same acrobatics I went through for 4.3.1 but Cydia dis not install properly. I tried to install it separately but that did not help. I had to start over and the third install was the charm.

Did my iPad last night on my computer and the same issue. After one attempt I went over to my parents and used my same laptop with their ISP and it worked on the first try. I am still at a loss as to why it will not work at my house

DodgerKing said:
Did my iPad last night on my computer and the same issue. After one attempt I went over to my parents and used my same laptop with their ISP and it worked on the first try. I am still at a loss as to why it will not work at my house

Dude. That is so very strange.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Does your neighbor have the same ISP?
Nope. I am probably the only one in the whole neighborhood that has TWC. Most have either Verizon DSL or FiOs.

I cannot see how this should make a difference. TWC is not blocking access to anything as far as I know

I was just trying to make sesne of it DK. you have me stumped. I do not even see others with the same problem. My money is on the modem not the ISP b ut i can't prove that.

I was just trying to make sesne of it DK. you have me stumped. I do not even see others with the same problem. My money is on the modem not the ISP b ut i can't prove that.
That maybe the case. All other JB worked when I had a different modem by them. When I canceled my phone service they switched out the modem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts