best ku bird for peaking skew?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
trying to peak dmx-741u feedhorn on ku band. want to use a bird with both v and h active transponders. I can't reach feedhorn from the ground to rotate. must rotate at far right side of arc (amc-8) then move to check signal strength. Thanks, Chad

That certainly explains why you'd want to adjust it at AMC 8 then now doesn't it. I'd guess I'd try tweaking using the PBS channels at AMC21. That way you're only 14 degrees away from adjusting your LNB.

that's where I started and the only channel I can't get a stable lock is montana PBS. All others seem fine. Had a lot of work to do on amc 1 to get the odd skew adjusted without loosing what I already had. I also lost RTV's on 87W C-band. and only the ones at 3800 the ones at 4043 come in just fine. Go figure. Thanks, Chad

If you are using a polarotor-type feedhorn, then you can adjust each satellite's skew. With an lnbf-type feed, you'll have to settle for somewhere in between. If you are trying to peak an lnbf I wouldn't use 103 because of its weird skew, it's way off from all the other ku birds. Go for 97 or something with a lot of channels on both polarities. A lot of us use a fixed ku dish for 103 because of the unusual skew, or just 'live with' what it picks up off 103, after adjusting it for the other ku birds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)