Best LNBF for Micro BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
Hey there, just want to get recommendations from people to find out the best C/KU band and dual C-band LNBF's for a Micro BUD using a 1.2 M FortecStar dish with Conical Scalar Rings from WS International. With a dish this small, every last bit of signal helps! Is the noise temperature the only thing to look for when comparing these or are there other important specs as well?

C/KU band single output:

- WS International BSC621
- WS International DMX741
- Gospell GKC-D002
- GeoSat CK1
- Venus C-Band LNBF VLB-312
- Digiwave DGL-C-band
- Any others I may have missed...

C/KU band dual output:
- WS International DMX242
- Gospell GCF-D12T
- GeoSat Pro C2
- Eagle Aspen B1 Sat Stack
- Venus CATV LNBF Turbo-1200
- Digiwave DGL-Cband2

Regards,

PwrSurge

Posting the noise temperature specs for each lnb now that I had the chance to look it up. At 13 degrees K, the LNBF's from WSI are the clear winners!

C/KU band single output:

- WS International BSC621 - 13 K
- WS International DMX741 - 13 K
- Gospell GKC-D002 - 17 K
- GeoSat CK1 - 17 K
- Venus C-Band LNBF VLB-312 - 15 K
- Digiwave DGL-C-band - 20 K

C/KU band dual output:
- WS International DMX242 - 13 K
- Gospell GCF-D12T - 25 K
- GeoSat Pro C2 - 17 K
- Eagle Aspen B1 Sat Stack - 17 K
- Venus CATV LNBF Turbo-1200 - 15 K
- Digiwave DGL-Cband2 - 20 K

Regards,

PwrSurge

You may not have received a response as the LNBF models type and designation are incorrect (example: no dual output C/KU band LNBFs exist) and there have been numerous threads on members projects and most projects have compared LNBFs. While clearly there have not been any consistent results between the various Mini/Micro Buds, you do not need to reinvent the wheel when choosing an LNB.

Noise temperature ratings are not the only factor in rating an LNBFs performance. You may find better performance on an old LNBF with a .25dB NR. Stability, slope, heat dissipation, etc. all play important roles in performance.

To answer your original question. I would not recommend a C/KU Band LNBF design for a Microbud. A LNB connected to a scaler/feedhorn specifically designed for the dish will provide the best performance. A C-Band only LNBF will provide increased performance over a C/KU combined unit.

I agree with the above post on this - A C-Band only LNBF will provide increased performance over a C/KU combined unit

I recommend the DMX241 or DMX242.

You may not have received a response as the LNBF models type and designation are incorrect (example: no dual output C/KU band LNBFs exist) and there have been numerous threads on members projects and most projects have compared LNBFs. While clearly there have not been any consistent.

I meant to type "dual output C band LNBFs" but by the time I noticed it, it was too late as I could not edit my posts anymore. Basically, I want to find out the best LNBF to use when installing 1.2 M motorized dishes for either a single receiver setup (C/KU band LNBF used) or a multiple receiver setup (dual C-Band lnbf with dual KU band lnbf mounted about 6 degrees to the side using a bracket). I'm aware that dedicated C and KU band LNBF's offer the best signal but they take more time to align. As well, all KU Band sats have to be manually set using DiSEqC 1.2 as opposed to USALS.

I meant to type "dual output C band LNBFs" but by the time I noticed it, it was too late as I could not edit my posts anymore.
Basically, I want to find out the best LNBF to use when installing 1.2 M motorized dishes for either a single receiver setup (C/KU band LNBF used) or a multiple receiver setup (dual C-Band lnbf with dual KU band lnbf mounted about 6 degrees to the side using a bracket).
I'm aware that dedicated C and KU band LNBF's offer the best signal but they take more time to align.
- Maybe a little, but how many are you installing?
- Also, I didn't think from what I'd read, the dual banders worked Ku that well on 1.2m dishes.
As well, all KU Band sats have to be manually set using DiSEqC 1.2 as opposed to USALS.
- no, I don't think that's necessary.

Personally, I have had very good minibud results with the C2 and found that it out performs the C1. I have never experienced acceptable results with the CK1. I have played with the competitor's combined C / KU LNBFs and found similar results. The scaler choice and placement is highly critical.

The receiver's tuner sensitivity also plays a very big part in minibud reception when the satellite signal maybe so weak that it is below the tuner threshold.

Not exactly a mini bud but on my six footer I had a BSC421 and switched to the Geo sat C2 and notice a measurable difference. Most signals up 5 % points. I'd say the compare the costs of both. The 421 is probably the lowest cost. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)